Weddings in the Parks

Most Popular Wedding Locales
While weddings are permissible in all parks, brides have preferred the following locations in recent years:

Nicholson Guenther Bandshell


City Forest Chalet

FullSizeRender (8)

Chippewassee Park Shelter B

Chippewassee Pavilion (2)

Approval Process

Parks and Recreation receives several requests each year to hold weddings in one of Midland’s beautiful parks. When you begin planning, know that your wedding event held in a park must be approved by the Director of Public Services. You must reserve the associated shelter in the park and pay the rental fee. You can submit a wedding request by clicking on the Submit Request button on this page. You can check the availability and rent a pavilion online by clicking here.

Wedding Information

Because your wedding will be held in a public facility, there are a few things you should know:
  • Any decorations must not hinder or adversely affect other users of the surrounding areas and must removed after the event.
  • Beer and wine are permitted in our parks. There are no catering restrictions.
  • It is recommended that someone should be in attendance at the site at all times. 
  • It is understood that you are fully responsible for any and all decorations and items used at the wedding site.
  • It is understood that your group will be responsible for the cleanup and disposal of refuse, leaving the site in the same or better condition than found.  
  • It is very important to notify us if you intend on using amplified sound; this is limited to only a few parks.
  • The use of the park is non-exclusive. There is a potential for bystanders to view your event.
  • There are no permanent restroom facilities at Chippewassee Park. A portable restroom is located at the site.
  • We can work with you on your power needs.
  • Weddings located on the Tridge are not permitted but you can reserve the shelter in Chippewassee Park and use a portion of that park for your event. This area periodically encounters flooding. We recommend that you watch the area and the weather forecast in the weeks up to your wedding.
  • You must contact the Parks and Recreation Office at least one week in advance of the event for location of tents (utilize 8" or longer stakes). We charge a fee of $25 to approve location and organize a Miss Dig request.
  • You must reserve the shelter in the park through the Parks and Recreation Office.
Button Submit Request Purple

Contact Us

  1. Parks and Recreation Office


    Municipal Service Center
    4811 N. Saginaw Rd.
    Midland, MI 48640

    Ph: 989-837-6930
    Ph: 989-399-0506 (Weather Hotline)

    Monday - Friday
    8 a.m - 5 p.m.