CABLE ACCESS ADVISORY COMMISSION
PRESENT: Don Deibert; Todd DuBois, Jim Huber, Fred Johnson, Linda Malekadeli
ABSENT: Bob Granstra, Roy Green
ALSO PRESENT: Ron Beacom – MCTV, Melissa Barnard – Library,
Brandi Pfohl – Secretary
I. CALL To Order
By Beacom at
II. Election of Officers
1. Chair – Huber moved to nominate Malekadeli, seconded by Deibert. Motion passed unanimously. Malekadeli chair.
2. Vice-chair – Deibert moved to nominate Huber as Vice-chair seconded by Johnson. Motion passed unanimously. Huber Vice-chair.
APPROVAL - of
Minutes approved as submitted.
IV. PUBLIC Comments
V. OLD Business
Deibert questioned if the council made any changes in the attendance policy for commission members. Beacom stated none were made.
1. Annual Report – 2004-05:
Beacom reviewed the proposed annual report by the commission to be submitted to City Council. Deibert moved to accept report, seconded by Huber. Beacom will forward the report to City Council.
2. Goals – 2005-06
Beacom reviewed suggested goals for the commission for the 2005-06. Malekadeli stated she would like to continue with commission members taping PR spots on community access. Deibert moved to approve goals with the addition of the PR spots, seconded by DuBois. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Proposed 2006 Meeting Date
Beacom submitted the proposed meeting dates for 2006: second Wednesday in February, May, September and November. Huber moved to accept the meeting dates, seconded by Deibert. Motion passed unanimously.
4. Federal Legislation
Beacom reviewed the
1. Beacom announced 2005 MCTV’s “Honors Night” is on Saturday, October 15.
2. MCTV will host the ACM’s Central States Region Spring Conference,
3. Malekadeli urged anyone who utilizes community access to contact their congressman and senators about opposing the federal legislation.
ADJOURNMENT – Next meeting,
Meeting adjourned at .