Grace A. Dow Memorial Library
Wednesday, May 21, 2008, 7 p.m.
Information on each highlighted item is available by clicking on the description of that item.
I. Roll Call
III. Additions or Changes to the Agenda
IV. Public Comments
VII. Old Business
a. Board/Community Communications
b. Library Drive-Up Return
c. Mideastern Michigan Library Cooperative Annual Meeting Report
d. Library Board Goals Committee Reports
e. Library Board Annual Report Committee – Galt, Kinnish, Neher
f. 2008-09 Library Budget
VIII. New Business
a. Board Member Appointments
b. Nominations Committee Appointments
XI. Board Announcements
Next meeting date: June 18, 2008
Library Board Goals:
1. Collaborate with Staff to address revisions in the fines and fees ordinance
2. Monitor the library’s performance through library statistics, the Director’s Report to the Board and patron feedback to provide recommendations on the future direction of the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library.
3. Suggest innovative marketing strategies to communicate library services and programs to the community.
4. Suggest new opportunities for library collaborations with community organizations.
5. Seek dialog/feedback from the community to determine needs through solicited comments.