REGULAR MEETING OF
MEMBERS PRESENT: Donovan,
Robert, Lengerman, Peck, Rothhaar,
MEMBERS ABSENT: Berthiaume (excused)
The meeting was called to order at by Chairperson Bruce Peck.
Zimmer, seconded by Lengerman to receive the minutes of the meeting of
Call to Audience
Chairperson Peck issued a call to the audience for items not listed on the agenda. There was no response.
Master Plan Goals
McGuire indicated that staff had met with representatives of Spicer Engineering to formulate suggested base goals for the Parks Master Plan. The base goals will serve to direct the activity of the plan and to categorize objectives and action steps. The suggested base goals are:
1) Make existing Community Parks more user-friendly.
2) Develop linkages for non-motorized traffic from neighborhoods to community parks and attractions.
3) Develop partnerships to acquire property or use of property in areas shown to be deficient in park areas.
4) Develop tools to publicize parks and recreation facilities and events.
5) Prioritize new recreation activities and innovations.
6) Ensure parks continue to be accessible for disabled.
7) Explore ways to ensure playgrounds are safer and more inviting for children.
8) Protect and preserve significant natural features at appropriate parks.
The Commission discussed the base
goals in preparation for their goals and objectives work session to be held
Beer-Wine License for Currie Clubhouse
In 2002, prior to the opening of the Currie Clubhouse, the Commission held preliminary discussions about obtaining a beer-wine license for the Clubhouse operation. Although there was no formal action by either the Commission or the City Council, a decision was made to begin the operation without a license and evaluate.
We have now operated the concession for two years with two separate vendors. In both instances profits have been minimal but there has not been an expense to the City to operate the concession. It appears now that there will be a cost to the City for concession services if changes are not made. One obvious change that could be made and has been requested by customers is the sale of beer and wine.
The purpose of this item tonight is simply to learn if the Commission is interested in our considering this as an option and learning what information or process the Commission wishes to use in formulating a recommendation to the City Council.
Motion by Lengerman, supported by Rothhaar to provide a detailed report. Motion carried 7 – 0.
Joint Meeting with City Council
A joint meeting has been
Note: Special Meeting on Fee Philosophy at ,
Special Meeting on Goals for
Master Plan at 7:00 p.m., Tuesday,