REGULAR MEETING OF
Meeting called to order at by Chairperson Bruce Peck.
Members Present: Martin, Peck, Dauer, Jurado, Allen, Altimore, Berthiaume,
Members Absent: None
Motion by Altimore, seconded by Dauer to
receive the minutes of the meeting of
Call to Audience
Peck issued a call to the audience for items not on the May 1 agenda. There was no response.
Peck offered the following statement praising McGuire:
Allen moved, Peck seconded that the statement be adopted by the Commission. Motion carried.
McGuire discussed the phasing plan for
1) Closing the westerly road with wooden posts to allow a trial period - (Summer 07).
2) Begin construction of Little League fields using outside funds donated for this project - (Summer 07).
3) Purchase additional grills and tables to be placed consistent with the plan for the pathway - (Summer 07).
4) Pave remaining northeasterly roadway as part of the local street paving program - (Fall 07).
5) Seek state or other funding sources for the accessibility pathway system - (Fall 07).
6) Remove westerly roadway as appropriate with at least the portion affecting the Frisbee field being addressed - (Fall 07).
7) Prepare the Frisbee field and relocate the Beach Volleyball court at a City cost of $10,000 – (Fall 07).
8) Install trail system as funds become available.
9) Install parking lot as need is determined.
Motion by Altimore, seconded by Berthiaume
to endorse the phasing plan for
Rothhaar arrived at
Formation of Golf Committee
McGuire reported that five people, Paul Robert, Pat Schwertz, Ethel Dresch, Edwin Foote and Connie Good expressed interest in serving on the Golf Players Committee. McGuire recommended that the five be appointed along with a representative(s) of the Commission and that the Committee be empowered to recruit and add members.
Motion by Allen, seconded by Martin to appoint five applicants plus Frank Altimore to the Golf Committee and further that the Committee be empowered to add members as they see fit. Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at