REGULAR MEETING OF
Meeting was called to order at by Secretary Brett Ireland.
Members Present: Rothhaar, Allen, Altimore, Berthiaume, Dauer
Kelley, Jurado, Martin
Members Absent: None
Election of Officers:
Dauer nominated Altimore
Berthiaume nominated Rothhaar
Rothhaar was elected Chair.
Rothhaar assumed Chair.
Rothhaar called for nominations for position of Vice Chair. Berthiaume nominated Altimore. No other nominations were made. Rothhaar called for a vote by acclamation. Altimore was elected Vice Chair.
Dauer moved, Berthiaume seconded to
receive minutes of the meeting of
Meeting Dates for 2008:
Rothhaar noted that the Commission has normally met on the first Tuesday of the month. He presented the 2008 dates following that precedent:
January 1 July 1
February 5 August 5
March 4 September 2
April 1 October 7
May 6 November 4
June 3 December 2
The Commission discussed the calendar. Dauer questioned whether the January 1 and July 1 meetings should be canceled due to the holiday. Allen inquired about scheduling meetings at rather than
Motion by Dauer, seconded by Altimore to set the 2008 regular meeting dates on the first Tuesday of each month except January. The date of the January meeting to be determined at a later date. Motion carried.
Call to Audience:
There was no response.
· In addition, at the July 9th City Council meeting, the contract with Servinski Sod was approved for the construction of two Little League Diamonds.
· Construction of these diamonds began the week of July 16 with the removal of the old softball field fencing as well as earth moving operations.
· Ireland noted that staff is currently getting pricing information on tables and grills and once purchased, will conclude the portion of the plan to be addressed this summer.
· The remainder of the items will be addressed this fall as indicated in the phasing plan.
The Commission discussed the plan. Jurado inquired about comments from the
· It was noted that attendance for this seasons games seemed to be slightly lower than last seasons.
· Rothhaar asked the Commission if anyone had any old business.
· Altimore updated the Commission on the Golf Committee meeting. He praised the staff representatives on the Committee in working with members to resolve issues brought up at the meetings.
· Altimore also brought up concerns the Committee has about the golf course becoming more profitable.
The Commission discussed the need to look at the fee structure once staff has had a chance to evaluate the final figures from this season.
· He explained that the Commissions are being asked to provide a set of recommended goals, specific to their areas, for consideration in establishing fiscal priorities for the upcoming budget.
Rothhaar asked the Commission if there was any other new business.
· Kelley asked if there would be any merit to forming additional Committees similar to the Golf Committee for other areas such as Plymouth Pool.
The Commission discussed this and decided that the Golf Committee has a past history with the Commission and as such is somewhat unique.
Rothhaar suggested that ideas for agenda topics would be a good subject to discuss at a future meeting.
Meeting adjourned at
Brett R. Ireland