MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION,
WHICH TOOK PLACE ON
1. Roll Call
PRESENT: Baker, Dowling, Max, Mead, Senesac, Svenson and Wieland
ABSENT: Geisler and Kozakiewicz (excused)
OTHERS PRESENT: Mark Ostgarden, City Planner; Cheri Standfest, Community Development Specialist; Sally Sutton, Zoning Board of Appeals Member and 12 others.
2. Approval of Minutes
Regular Meeting of
It was moved by Mead and supported by Baker to approve the minutes of April 13th. The minutes were unanimously approved.
3. Public Hearings
Site Plan No. 240 – Consideration of site plan approval requested by Ayres Associates
for a proposed 14,820 square foot Walgreens Pharmacy and a 6,600 square foot
office building at the
southeast intersection of
4. Public Comments (not related to agenda items)
5. Old Business
6. New Business
for Street Name Change - from
Club property to
Planner explained that a petition to change the name of
There was a question by Commissioner Max if there was any historical significance to the name. The name is in reference to the Dow “diamond” symbol. The procedure for the street name change was described.
Commissioner Max had no problem at all changing the name. All other Commissioners concurred.
It was moved by Wieland and seconded by Svenson to recommend approval of the
requested street name change to
The vote proceeded as follows:
YEA: Baker, Dowling, Max, Mead, Senesac, Svenson and Wieland
ABSENT: Kozakiewicz and Geisler
Copies of the Planning/Zoning News were distributed.
Meeting with City Council on May 20th at
Commissioner Max asked if copies of the new zoning ordinance have been sent to the surrounding townships. Mark Ostgarden stated that they haven’t but we can do that if the Commission desires. The Commission requested copies of the draft be sent to abutting townships.
8. Report of the Chairman
that copies of the
Reminded the Commissioners about the meeting on the Zoning Ordinance with the City Council on May 20th at
9. Report of the
The City Planner reported on the following matters:
April 26th City Council meeting
1. CDBG Budget Hearing
2. Murphy Oil Site Plan was Removed from the Agenda
May 10th City Council meeting
1. Public hearings and considerations for Zoning Petitions:
511 ME Free
Church Property on
2. Set public hearing on the street name change.
May 17th City Council Meeting
1. Consideration of Site Plan 240 – Walgreens
1. Public hearing on
2. Consideration of a revised site plan for Murphy Oil gas station on leased Wal-Mart property.
3. Review of ordinance language for parking in residential zones for adjacent commercial and office zone uses.
May 20th Meeting with City Council - Thursday night at
April 18th ZBA meeting
1. Approved an interior side yard encroachment to allow a screened porch on an existing deck at
2. Denied a request for signage in excess of what’s permitted for the new 5th 3rd bank building.
Approved a request for a front yard setback to permit
construction of a garage in a double fronting lot situation at
4. Distributed final draft of the zoning ordinance and invited ZBA to attend the meeting with the City Council.
Received a notice
Troy Dowling stated he will
not be at the
Adjournment at approximately .
Mark Ostgarden, AICP, CFM