REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
March 9, 1998 7:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
John W. Tysse
John R. Moolenaar
Marty A. Wazbinski (excused)
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of
these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of
the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated". If there is even a single
request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and
considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 23 regular City Council meeting.
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS:
2. Absolutely Incredible Kid Day - March 19. TISDALE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
before meeting with City Clerk)
3. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Section 21-70 of Division 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 - Civic Arena fees.
b. Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 - Golf Course fees.
c. Section 21-72 of Division 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 - Swimming Pools fees.
d. Section 21-73 of Division 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 - General Recreation fees.
4. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 1998
Sidewalk Improvement Program. MCMANUS
5. Receiving report on the Brush and Heavy Item Collection
Program and add the issue to the budget priorities for 1998-99. MCGUIRE
6. Receiving and filing City Manager's and Police Department's
Reports on Annual Review of Class C, D and Resort Liquor Licenses. DUSO
7. Approving new T-Hangar Lease Agreements at Barstow Airport for tenants in the hangar recently donated to the City from the estate of Herbert H. Dow, 2nd: MCMANUS
* a. Al Mulder, Unit #3
* b. Charles R. Vaughn, Unit #4
* c. Meridian Aero Club, Unit #5
* d. Robert Bourne, Unit #8
* 8. Authorizing payment of invoice from the Michigan Department
of Transportation for the Bay City Road Interchange project. DUSO
* 9. Naming the City Manager as Transportation Coordinator and
acknowledge the City's intentions to apply for Federal and State Financial Assistance for
the Dial-A-Ride Bus System. MCGUIRE
10. Approving purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment for professional services in the Geisler appeal to the Tax Tribunal. DRYZGA
* b. 1998 Haley Street Reconstruction & Water Main Replacement; Contract No. 8. MCMANUS
* c. One 3/4 ton pick-up truck - Fire Department. HARGARTEN