REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
April 27, 1998 7:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage (excused)
John W. Tysse (excused)
John R. Moolenaar
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of
these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of
the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated". If there is even a single
request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and
considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of April 13 regular and April 20 and April
22 special City Council meetings. KOVACEVICH
2. City Manager's Proposed 1998-99 Budget. (Also see material
sent in April 13 agenda packet.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
before meeting with City Clerk)
* 3. Accepting Valerie Rossman's resignation from the Merit
System Board. KYRITSIS
* 4. Accepting an easement agreement from Midland Place
Associates for public water mains on private property for the commercial development north
of Midland Mall along Joe Mann Boulevard. HAMMOND
5. Approving Site Plans: SCHROEDER
a. No. 167 - Tamarack Apartments, a 16-unit residential development on 2.37 acres on the south side of East Wackerly Street east of Jefferson Avenue.
b. No. 168 - Hearthstone Duplexes, a 20-unit residential
development on 2.95 acres on the west side of Waldo Avenue between Eastlawn Drive and
* 6. Approving the negotiated contract settlement between the
City of Midland and the Police Officers Association of Michigan - Midland. KYRITSIS
* 7. Authorizing the sale at public auction of unclaimed personal
property being held by the Police Department and other departmental surplus items. MEYER
8. Considering purchases and contracts for the Department of Public Services: MCGUIRE
* a. Bituminous Materials
* b. Concrete and Related Materials
* c. Road Gravel, Crushed Limestone & Recycled Concrete Pavement
* d. Sand
* e. Ice Control Salt for 1998-99 Winter Season
9. Considering requests: DUSO
* a. Amplified sound in Tridge area - May 8.
* b. Close a portion of Main Street - June 5.
* c. Gold Wing Road Riders Association Light Parade - July 18.
10. Setting public hearings: SCHROEDER
a. 1998-99 Community Development Block Grant Budget (5/11).
* b. Zoning Text Amendment No. 132A to Article XXXI--Signs, Section 31.1(a)3, Residential District Signs, and Section 31.5(b), Ground Pole Signs in Business Districts (5/18).
* c. Request to abandon road right of way/easement from Cinema
Drive to a point approximately 340 feet west of Jefferson Avenue (6/8).