REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
May 11, 1998 7:30 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
John W. Tysse
John R. Moolenaar
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of
these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of
the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated". If there is even a single
request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and
considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of April 27 regular City Council meeting. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS:
2. Comments from citizens interested in serving on Boards and
3. City Manager's Proposed 1998-99 Budget. (Also see material
sent in April 13 agenda packet.) FISHER
4. 1998 Downtown Economic Revitalization Public Improvement Special Assessment District: DRYZGA
a. Public hearing of necessity (Also see material sent in April 13 agenda packet.)
b. Accept Special Assessment Roll and set the public hearing on
the roll (6/8).
5. 1998-99 Community Development Block Grant Budget. (Also see
material sent in April 27 agenda packet.) SCHROEDER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
before meeting with City Clerk)
6. Transferring of ownership of 1997 Class C Licensed Business
located at 2600 N. Saginaw Road - Bamboo Garden. DUSO
* 7. Accepting a Warranty Deed for property on Fisher Road for
the Bay City Road Interchange Project. DUSO
8. Accepting Right of Way Deeds for Chippewa Lane and Smith Street: HAMMOND
* a. Laurence C. Lang and Janet Glover Lang - Quitclaim Deed.
* b. E. Polly Hoy - Quitclaim Deed.
* c. Robert J. Thomas and Diane C. Thomas - Quitclaim Deed.
* d. David E. Sias and Alice M. Sias - Quitclaim Deed.
* e. James Miller - Quitclaim Deed.
* f. Bernard J. Meister and Janet Mae Meister - Quitclaim Deed.
* g. John P. and Patricia J. Zimmerman - Quitclaim Deed.
* h. Dann Cannon and Janet Lang Cannon - Quitclaim Deed.
* i. Paul M. Dornbos and Ruthetta M. Dornbos - Quitclaim Deed.
* j. Ralph M. Gooch and Coral G. Gooch - Quitclaim Deed.
* k. Ralph M. Gooch and Coral G. Gooch - Easement Agreement.
* l. Laurence C. Lang and Janet Glover Lang - Warranty Deed.
* 9. Authorizing budget transfer for Tax Roll Adjustments. FISHER
* 10. Approving payment to Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone
for contracted legal services relating to the Bay City Road Interchange Project. HALM
* 11. Requesting assistance from the Michigan Municipal League
Defense Fund in the "Laser Color" lawsuit. HALM
12. Considering purchases, agreements and contracts:
* a. Agreement with Midland Mall Marketing Fund for Police and Fire Department participation in "Safety Days" exhibit. PETERSON
* b. Agreement with Midland Mall Marketing Fund for Poster exhibit. MCGUIRE
c. "Green Machine" vacuum-type sweeper - DPS. MCGUIRE
d. Contract with Community Center for management of Central Pool. MCGUIRE
* e. Industrial Backhoe - Water Distribution. BUSH
* f. Tandem Dump Truck - Water Distribution. BUSH
* 13. Considering request to conduct 5th annual Artwalk. DUSO
* 14. Setting a public hearing to amend the 1997-98 General Fund
Budget to recognize additional revenue from the Tax Administration Fee (6/8). FISHER