REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
February 22, 1999 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
John W. Tysse
John R. Moolenaar
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of
these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of
the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated". If there is even a single
request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and
considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 8 regular City Council meeting. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS:
2. Recognition of 1998 Police Officer of the Year. ST.
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
before meeting with City Clerk)
3. First reading to amend Sections 15-130 and 15-132, Article V,
Division 2 of Chapter 15 of the City of Midland Code of Ordinances, to establish the third
access channel and to adjust the use of those channels. ALSIP
4. First reading to amend Section 28-110.2 of the City of Midland Sewer Ordinance, requiring that a storm sewer or permeable yard area be available prior to the issuance of an order to disconnect downspouts, roof drains, yard drains, truck docks or parking lot drains. BUSH
5. City Council's report on the job performance review and resolution adjusting the annual compensation for: BLACK
a. City Attorney
b. City Manager
6. Approving a Change Order to J. R. Heinemann contract for
construction of Landfill maintenance building. BUSH
* 7. Authorizing sale of used refuse trucks. MCGUIRE
8. Considering contracts and purchases: MCGUIRE
a. Northwood University baseball field lighting project.
* b. Street Sweeper - DPS.
c. Cars, pickups and vans - DPS.
* 1. Rejecting all bids
* 2. Authorizing purchase
9. Setting public hearings: SCHROEDER
* a. Zoning Petition No. 438 - rezone .6 acres on the northeast corner of Bay City Road and Waldo Avenue from Residential A-4 to Business B-2 (3/22).
* b. Amendment to the 1998-99 Community Development Block Grant