REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
March 22, 1999 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
John W. Tysse
John R. Moolenaar
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are
considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate
consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the
discussion stage of the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated". If
there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without
further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of March 8 regular City
Council meeting. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS:
2. Grace A. Dow Memorial Library Week - April
3. Presentation to the City Council on the Boards
and Commissions Recruitment Process. TISDALE
4. Zoning Petition No. 438 - rezone .6 acres on
the northeast corner of Bay City Road and Waldo Avenue from Residential A-4 to Business
B-2. (Also see material sent in February 22 agenda packet.) SCHROEDER
5. 1999 Wexford Avenue Improvement Special Assessment District:
a. Public hearing of necessity (Also see material sent in March 8 agenda packet.) HAMMOND
b. Accept Special Assessment Roll and set the
public hearing on the roll (4/12). DRYZGA
6. Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate for Design Craftsmen Inc. within the Expanded Design Craftsmen, Inc. Industrial Development District No. 1 relating to two new facilities. (Also see material sent in March 8 agenda packet.): DRYZGA
a. Project is for the purpose of added showroom displays, including office equipment, which displays the various lightweight products for which they are a distributor.
b. Project is for a building addition and related
equipment which will provide additional required space because of rapid growth and its
inherent space problems.
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
7. Second reading and adoption of an amendment to
Sections 21-90, 21-91 and 21-92, Article III, Chapter 21, to reflect changes in fees and
formats of the City of Midland Library Fees Ordinance. ALSIP
8. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Section 21-70 of Division 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 - Civic Arena fees.
b. Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 - Golf Course fees.
c. Section 21-73 of Division 4 of Article II of
Chapter 21 - General Recreation fees.
9. First reading of amendments to the Stormwater Runoff Regulation and Control Ordinance: HAMMOND
a. Chapter 21, Rates, Charges and Fees
b. Chapter 29, Stormwater Runoff Regulation & Control
c. Chapter 34, Municipal Civil Infractions
10. Authorizing execution of a Purchase Agreement
for the sale of City property known as the Kroger and Hook's Drug Store building. HALM
11. Approving annexation of property through the Joint Resolution Process: SCHROEDER
a. West of Dublin Avenue between North Saginaw Road and West Wackerly Street from Homer Township.
b. West side of Jefferson north of US-10 from
* 12. Accepting a donation from the Herbert H. and
Grace A. Dow Foundation for the purpose of acquiring property in the vicinity of the
13. Approving Site Plan No. 177 - an 8,578 square
foot commercial building on 7.13 acres on the east side of Eastman Avenue north of Joe
Mann Boulevard. SCHROEDER
14. Receiving and filing the City of Midland Storm
Water Infiltration Report. BUSH
* 15. Receiving and filing report on the formation
of a Complete Count Committee for the Year 2000 Census. SCHROEDER
* 16. Making Traffic Control Order S-98-09
permanent - that Thornberry Court shall stop for Harcrest Drive. HAMMOND
17. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 1999 Applewood Road Reconstruction, Contract No. 8. HAMMOND
* b. 1999 Surface Treatment Program, Contract No. 6. HAMMOND
* c. Building Demolitions 5600, 5620, 5840 Midland Road. HAMMOND
* d. 1999 Water Main Replacement Program, Contract No. 18. HAMMOND
* e. Public Safety & Human Resources Software & Services - HTE. BIRCHMEIER