REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
August 23, 1999 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
John W. Tysse
John R. Moolenaar
Marty A. Wazbinski (excused)
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 9 regular City Council meeting. MARSHALL
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, RECOGNITIONS:
2. Midwest Tandem Rally Weekend – September 3–6. LIBERTO
3. City Safety Program: PETERSON
a. Midyear Progress Report
b. Recognition of Harold Berg as recipient of the third annual City Manager’s Safety Leadership Award.
4. Report on the informational campaign and citizen involvement process for the Phase 3 proposals to improve Midland’s sewer systems. TISDALE
5. Department of Environmental Quality Administrative Consent Order. (Also see material sent in July 26 agenda packet.):
a. Resolution approving Administrative Consent Order. DUSO
b. Resolution accepting Hubbell, Roth & Clark’s proposal for engineering services
for a 43.5 MG Retention Basin at the Wastewater Treatment Plant. BUSH
6. Zoning Text Amendment No. 136A, to amend Article XXIX—SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS, Section 29.4, Fences. (Also see material sent in July 26 agenda packet.) SCHROEDER
7. Zoning Petition No. 446 – to amend the zoning map by zoning 100+ acres south of West Wackerly Street and west of Dublin Avenue to Residential A-1. (Also see material sent in July 26 agenda packet.) SCHROEDER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
8. Approving Site Plan No. 183 – a warehouse on 4.5 acres on the south side of Schuette Road west of Waldo Avenue. SCHROEDER
* 9. Establishing a Local Development Finance Authority and designating said District. SCHROEDER
10. Approving annexation of property through the joint resolution process: SCHROEDER
* a. Property on the west side of Vance Road north of Isabella Street (M-20) from Homer Township.
* b. Property northeast of the intersection of Perrine Road and Letts Road from Larkin Township.
* 11. Accepting donation of the “Midland Blooms” water truck from the Midland Area Chamber of Commerce. MCGUIRE
* 12. Accepting gift from the Midland County Educational Service Agency for the expansion of the bus parking area on Jefferson Avenue. MCMANUS
* 13. Adopting the name Trilogy Skate Park for the new skating facility in Chippewassee Park. MCGUIRE
* 14. Approving assignment of the Land Lease for Hangar Site 03E from Carolyn Marvin to Elaine Chalup and John Marvin. MCMANUS
* 15. Accepting sanitary sewer and access easements for the construction of the Midland Mall Forcemain Sewer. MCMANUS
* 16. Authorizing execution of a partnership agreement with the Midland Public Schools to participate in a joint training project for residential and commercial building maintenance. SCHROEDER
17. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Two salt trucks – DPS. MCGUIRE
* b. 1999 Downtown Storm Sewer Improvements; Contract No. 15. MCMANUS
* c. 1999 Barstow Airport Fuel Tank Replacement; Contract No. 23. MCMANUS
* d. Soil Grading for Hillside Subdivision. SCHROEDER
* e. Replacement Carpet & Tile – Washington Woods. SCHROEDER
* f. Brass Water Service Fittings – Water Distribution. BUSH
* g. Water Service Fittings – Water Distribution. BUSH
* h. Hydroseeding - Landfill. BUSH
* i. Scraper/Pan Rentals with Operators - Landfill. BUSH
* j. Norlight Telecommunications License Agreement. HALM
18. Considering special requests: DUSO
* a. Artwalk Celebration Food Court on the public right of way – August 27.
* b. Motorcyclist Rights Procession and Rally with amplified sound – September 11.
* 19. Setting a public hearing to amend the 1998-99 Downtown Development Authority budget (9/13). SCHROEDER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.ci.midland.mi.us
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library