REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
February 14, 2000 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
Hollis H. McKeag
John R. Moolenaar
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of January 31 special and regular City Council meetings. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation on the February 22 Sewer Ballot Proposal. LIBERTO
3. Amendment of the 1999-00 Storm Water Management Fund budget to increase revenues from a (FEMA) Federal Emergency Management Agency Grant. (Also see material sent in January 31 agenda packet.) BUSH
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
4. Giving Final Approval to the Preliminary Plat of Foxfire Subdivision No. 1, a residential subdivision of 35 lots on 41.35 acres west of Dublin Avenue and south of West Wackerly Street. SCHROEDER
5. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
a. P-99-09 – prohibits parking on Ohio Street on school days from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
b. P-99-10 – prohibits parking on Kentucky Street on school days from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
c. P-99-11 – prohibits parking on Maryland Street on school days from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
d. P-99-13 – restricts parking to a two-hour duration from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. between 1112 Airfield Lane and 1404 Airfield Lane during school days.
* 6. Receiving and filing the 2000 Annual Sidewalk Report. MCMANUS
7. Expressing the City Council’s support and endorsement of the ballot initiative by the MML. DUSO
8. Appointing a Hearings Officer to conduct a hearing regarding a dangerous building at 309 E. Grove Street. HARGARTEN
9. Annual application to the State of Michigan for Dial-A-Ride funding: MCGUIRE
* a. Naming the City Manager as Transportation Coordinator and stating the City’s intentions to apply for Federal and State Financial Assistance.
* b. Authorizing the City Manager to execute contracts of $20,000 or less between the City of Midland and MDOT, Passenger Transportation Division.
10. Considering contracts and purchases:
a. MDOT Contract No. 00-5001 – US-10 Westbound On Ramp from Eastman Avenue (US-10BR). MCMANUS
* b. Professional Services for Cap Surveying – Landfill. BUSH
c. Contract for Currie West Golf Course Expansion & Renovation. MCGUIRE
* d. Interim Library Director Contract. FISHER
11. Setting public hearings:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 453 – to rezone property on the southwest corner of Washington and Cambridge Streets from Office-Service 2 to Business B-2 (3/13). SCHROEDER
* b. Establish an expanded Tri-City Plastics, Inc. Industrial Development District No. 1 for Geisler Enterprises, Inc. (2/28). DRYZGA
12. City Council’s report on the job performance review of the City Manager and a resolution adjusting his compensation. BLACK
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library