REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
March 20, 2000 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of March 13 special and regular and March 15 special City Council meetings. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation by the Midland Soil and Water Conservation District and the Midland County Farm Bureau Board in commemoration of National Agriculture Week. TISDALE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
3. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Chapter 7, Electrical Code, of the City of Midland Code of Ordinances by amending Sections 7-2 through 7-6 in Article I and repealing Articles III and IV. DUSO
4. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Section 21-70 of Division 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
c. Section 21-72 of Division 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pools fees.
5. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance creating the Cable Access Advisory Commission. DUSO
6. Approving, in concept, the request to bury a Time Capsule on City-owned property. DUSO
7. Approving Site Plan No. 188 – a 5,203 square foot Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar on 1.37 acres on the west side of Eastman Avenue north of the entrance to the Fairgrounds and across from Midland Mall. SCHROEDER
8. Approving Site Plan No. 189 – a 3,500 square foot gas station/convenience store on 1.1 acres on the northwest side of Jerome Street between Ellsworth and Buttles Streets. SCHROEDER
9. Setting the date of May 16, 2000, for the Special Election to fill the vacancy created upon the resignation of 4th Ward Councilman John R. Moolenaar. KOVACEVICH
* 10. Authorizing execution of an order approving First Amended Consent Judgment reducing the City’s monitoring requirements at the City of Midland Landfill. BUSH
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2000 Gettysburg & Springfield Street Reconstruction; Contract No. 5. MCMANUS
* b. Plymouth Park Water Tower Painting. BUSH
* c. Rental of one John Deere 9400 Tractor with two Miskin Scrapers – Landfill. BUSH
* d. DART Operating Assistance; MDOT Contract No. 99-1031. MCGUIRE
* 12. Setting a public hearing on Zoning Petition No. 454 to amend the zoning map by zoning property on the west side of Vance Road north of Isabella Street to Residential A-1 (4/10). SCHROEDER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library