REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
March 5, 2001 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
John S. Coppage
Mary C. Currie
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 19 regular, February 20 and February 26 special City Council meetings. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS:
2. Parenting Awareness Month – March. LIBERTO
3. Establishment of an Industrial Development District for CKS Enterprises. (Also see material sent in February 12 agenda packet.) PAUL
4. Amendment to the Community Development Block Grant budget for fiscal year 2000-01 by transferring $40,000 to Lead-Safe House Rehabilitation. (Also see material sent in February 12 agenda packet.) LYNCH
5. Expansion of the Downtown Development Authority District Boundary. (Also see material sent in January 29 agenda packet.) LYNCH
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
6. First reading of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Section 21-70 of Division 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
7. First reading of an ordinance to amend the Code of Ordinances by adding a new article that would establish an advisory body to the City Council to be known as the Library Board. BARNARD
8. Receiving and filing the Report to the City Council on Storm Sewer Design Program and setting a public hearing on said report for April 23. DUSO
9. Approving Site Plan 200 for Danberry Place Townhouses, a residential development of 12 units on 1.96 acres on the north side of Universal Drive west of Hedgewood Drive. LYNCH
10. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 2001 Sidewalk Improvement Program. MCMANUS
* 11. Accepting four land agreements between the City of Midland and the Midland Community Center for property lying adjacent to the Midland Civic Arena and the Midland Community Center. MCMANUS
* 12. Granting an extension of the final approval of the Preliminary Plat of City Forest Estates Subdivision, a residential subdivision of 15 lots on 15.99 acres on the east side of Sturgeon Avenue north of the US-10 Expressway. LYNCH
13. Accepting grant from the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation and authorizing construction of a SprayGround. MCGUIRE
14. Approving assignment of the land lease interest: MCMANUS
* a. Hangar Site 03N from Walter Patten to James Rieke
* b. Hangar Site 01C from Valerie Smith to James Dobben
* 15. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Ann Beck to the Downtown Development Authority. LYNCH
* 16. Authorizing purchase of a lighting upgrade to Emerson Park Field #3. MCGUIRE
17. Annual application to the State of Michigan for Dial-A-Ride funding: MCGUIRE
* a. Naming the City Manager as Transportation Coordinator and stating the City’s intentions to apply for Federal and State Financial Assistance.
* b. Authorizing the City Manager to execute contracts of $20,000 or less between the City of Midland and MDOT, Passenger Transportation Division.
* 18. Considering request to conduct a Shrine Parade on August 25, 2001. DUSO
19. Authorizing payment relating to Dow Corning Corporation and The Dow Chemical Company’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal: BRANSON
a. Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone for contracted legal services
b. Max Derbes & Associates and Baker & O’Brien for contracted appraisal services
20. Authorizing payment relating to MCV’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal: BRANSON
a. Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P.L.C., Westrate and Holmstrom, P.C. and Spiegel & McDiarmid for contracted legal services
b. Walsh & Associates, Inc., George E. Sansoucy, A. A. Schoenwald Associates, Inc. and Whitfield Russell Associates for contracted appraisal services.
* 21. Authorizing compensation for City of Midland Board of Review members for their services. PAUL
22. Setting public hearings:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 473 – zone property on the east side of Perrine Road south of Letts Road to Residential A-4 (4/9/01). LYNCH
* b. Zoning Petition No. 474 – zone property on the west side of Jefferson Avenue north of the US-10 Expressway to Business C (4/9/01). LYNCH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library