REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
December 3, 2001 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Mary C. Currie
Daryl L. Griggs
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of November 19 regular City Council meeting. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of former Second Ward Councilman John S. Coppage for his contributions to Midland City Council and to the Midland community. TISDALE
3. Presentation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the year ended June 30, 2001 and resolution receiving and filing for public inspection. FISHER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
4. West Main Street Historic District Commission: DUSO
a. Accepting Keith Abbe’s resignation.
b. Conducting interviews of applicant and making appointment.
* 5. Accepting Larry Burks’ resignation from the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation Board. DUSO
6. Reporting on the new liquor license criteria. DUSO
7. Rejecting the 2001 Local Officers’ Compensation Commission Determinations as filed on November 16, 2001. KOVACEVICH
* 8. Accepting proposed professional services agreement and authorizing execution of the agreement with McKenna Associates for the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance Modernization. LYNCH
9. Receiving petitions for public improvements and referring to the Engineering Department for consideration of inclusion in the 2002 Construction Program: MCMANUS
a. Water Main on Fisher Road and along the south line of Section 24 to the end of Centennial Drive.
b. Water Main on Jefferson Avenue from Joseph Drive to 130 feet north of the west ¼ corner of Section 34.
c. Water Main on Lee Street from Quincy Drive to Clay Street.
d. Water Main on Perrine Road from the end of the existing main to the north line of Section 31.
e. Sanitary Sewer on Countryside Drive from Dublin Avenue to Green Road and on Green Road from Countryside Drive to 384 feet south.
f. Sanitary Sewer on Jefferson Avenue from Joseph Drive to 130 feet north of the west ¼ corner of Section 34.
g. Sanitary Sewer on Lee Street from Quincy Drive to Clay Street.
h. Sanitary Sewer service to Mapleton area.
i. Sanitary Sewer on Perrine Road from end of existing sewer to north line of Section 31.
j. Street Improvement on Lee Street from Quincy Drive to Clay Street.
k. Street Improvement on Plymouth Park Drive.
l. Street widening of Dilloway Drive east of Eastman Avenue.
m. Street Light Improvements of Eastman, Jefferson and Joe Mann Boulevard.
* 10. Accepting an Easement Agreement between the City of Midland and the First United Methodist Church for storm drain pipe. MCMANUS
* 11. Affirming that the flood insurance rate maps dated December 5, 1995, are the official flood plain maps for the City of Midland. LYNCH
* 12. Referring vacation of all of Madison Street and Burch Street north of Soper Street to the Planning Commission, City Engineer, Utilities Director and Director of Public Services for review and recommendation. LYNCH
* 13. Accepting a relocation assistance claims settlement related to the Bay City Road Interchange Project. DUSO
14. Authorizing issuance of General Obligation Limited Tax Bonds, Series 2001, for Storm Water Retention Basin. FISHER
* 15. Approving purchase of Administrative Cars and Light Duty Vehicles. MCGUIRE
* 16. Setting a public hearing on Zoning Petition No. 480 to rezone property on the south side of Isabella Street (M-20) west of Vance Road from Residential A-1 and Agricultural to Business B-2 (1/14/02). LYNCH
17. Discussing the 2002-03 City of Midland Budget Preparation Schedule. FISHER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library