REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
February 25, 2002 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Mary C. Currie
Daryl L. Griggs
Hollis H. McKeag (excused)
Marty A. Wazbinski (excused)
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 11 special and regular City Council meetings. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. 2001 Safety Program Progress Report. PETERSON
3. Zoning Petition No. 481 to rezone property on the southwest corner of South Saginaw Road and James Savage Road from Business C to Industrial A. (Also see material sent in January 28 agenda packet.) LYNCH
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
4. First reading of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Section 21-70 of Division 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
c. Section 21-72 of Division 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pool fees.
d. Section 21-73 of Division 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation fees.
5. Urging the United States Environmental Protection Agency to approve the variance requested by The Dow Chemical Company for the disposal of solid material from its tertiary pond in its Salzburg landfill. BLACK
* 6. Receiving and filing the 2002 Annual Sidewalk Report. MCMANUS
* 7. Receiving and filing the 2001 Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation Annual Report. BUSH
8. Approving annexations: LYNCH
* a. Property located on the west side of Perrine Road, north of Airport Road, south of Letts Road.
* b. Property located at 1351 N. Saginaw Road.
9. Request from B. B. Banucks, Inc. to transfer location of a 1998 Class C licensed business (in escrow) from 3216 Bay City Road to 5103 Eastman Avenue, Suite 167, and to add a new Entertainment Permit. BRANSON
* 10. Accepting the resignation of Cowenda Garner from the Planning Commission and directing staff to advertise for applicants to complete the unexpired term. LYNCH
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Oils and lubricants – DPS. MCGUIRE
* b. Golf Pro Contract. MCGUIRE
* c. 2001 Valley, East Ashman/Waldo and Patrick Pump Station Improvements; Contract No. 21, Change Order No. 1. MCMANUS
* d. Sanitary Landfill Cell 15 Development. BUSH
12. Setting public hearings:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 482 to rezone property at 1983 Penrod Road from Township Zoning to Residential A-1 (3/18). LYNCH
* b. Zoning Petition No. 483 to rezone property at 1610, 1616, 1720 N. Dublin Road from Township Zoning to Residential A-1 (3/18). LYNCH
* c. Zoning Petition No. 484 to rezone property on the east side of Jefferson at Oakbrook Court from Township Zoning to Residential A-1 (3/18). LYNCH
* d. Request from CPI Engineering Services, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate (4/8). PAUL
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library