REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
June 24, 2002 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Mary C. Currie
Daryl L. Griggs (excused)
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 10 regular City Council meeting. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation of the MBS International Airport Business Alliance Campaign. DUSO
3. Presentation of the Barstow Airport Advisory Commission Terminal Building Report and approving further study by the Commission. MCMANUS
4. Presentation of the Library Board Annual Report, 2001-02. BARNARD
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
5. Second reading and adoption of an amendment to Section 28-163, Division 3 – Rates, of the City of Midland Sewer Ordinance. BUSH
6. Recognizing that property located at 818 W. Meadowbrook Drive has existing encroachments on City property and determining that this recognition does not authorize the property owner to expand the encroachment or make any claims to the City property. LYNCH
* 7. Authorizing execution of Subrecipient Agreements for award of CDBG funds to the Reece Community Living Endeavor, the Salvation Army, West Midland Family Center, the Literacy Council and Midland Area Homes. LYNCH
8. Approving extension of time for completing sidewalk: LYNCH
* a. Ashford Estates Subdivision
* b. City Forest Estates Subdivision
* 9. Approving the levy of taxes for the July 2002 tax roll for special assessments and accounts receivable. PAUL
10. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. R-02-03 – establishes that right turns on red shall be prohibited on southbound Swede Avenue at Eastlawn Drive from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
* b. R-02-04 – establishes that the no left turn on red restriction on southbound Jefferson Avenue at Rodd Street be eliminated.
* c. P-02-04 – establishes that parking shall be prohibited on the north side of E. Sugnet Road from Washington Street to E. St. Andrews Road Monday through Friday. Recessed parking on the north side of E. Sugnet Road in this area shall remain unchanged.
* d. P-02-05 – establishes that parking shall be prohibited on Hedgewood Drive from Universal Drive to 520 feet north.
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2002 Lee Street Improvement; Contract No. 8. MCMANUS
* b. Mark Putnam Bridge Rehabilitation Construction Engineering Services. MCMANUS
* c. 2002 US-10 BR/M-20 Shoulder Chip Sealing. MCMANUS
* d. Partnership Agreement with Midland Public Schools for residential and commercial building maintenance. LYNCH
* e. Modernization of Esco elevator – Washington Woods. LYNCH
* f. Tractor w/Scraper – Landfill. BUSH
* g. Ferric Chloride – Water & Wastewater Depts. BUSH
12. Adjourning to a closed session to discuss pending litigation. BRANSON
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library