REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
October 28, 2002 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Mary C. Currie
Daryl L. Griggs
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of October 14 regular City Council meeting. KOVACEVICH
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
2. Second reading and adoption of an amendment to Section 21-73 of Division 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation fees to add a fee for the off-season rental of Currie Clubhouse. MCGUIRE
3. Second reading and adoption of an amendment to Section 6-20 of Chapter 6 to establish a rate for interment/disinterment of indigent citizens. MCGUIRE
4. First reading of an amendment to Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 to amend the fees for private golf carts at Currie Municipal Golf Course. MCGUIRE
5. First reading of an amendment to Section 16-16 of Chapter 16 regarding deer management within the City of Midland. MCGUIRE
6. Declaration of emergency ordinances by adopting in a single reading: BRANSON
a. Article VI of Chapter 15 to create a telecommunications ordinance in compliance with PA 48 of 2002.
b. Amending Section 34-5 to add Article VI of Chapter 15 as a municipal civil infraction.
c. Resolution opting-in to the provisions of PA 48 of 2002.
7. Granting tentative approval to the preliminary plat of Countryside Estates, a residential subdivision of 56 lots on 18.42 acres west of Dublin Avenue and south of Countryside Drive, with conditions. LYNCH
8. Approving Site Plan No. 210 for Liquid Molding Systems, 2202 Ridgewood Drive, for a 34,899 square foot building on 7.43 acres on the east side of Waldo Avenue north of Ridgecrest Drive. LYNCH
* 9. Approving a two-year time extension for the preliminary plat of Foster Woods Subdivision. LYNCH
* 10. Approving a revised Final Plat of Foster Woods Subdivision No. 2. LYNCH
11. Receiving and filing a summary of the new provisions of the Governmental Immunity Act under 2001 Public Act 222. BUSH
* 12. Receiving and filing the 2002 Annual Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report, dated June 30, 2002, with comparative figures for June 30, 2001 for the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation. BUSH
* 13. Accepting the resignation of Joann Wilkie from the Library Board. BARNARD
* 14. Making Traffic Control Order D-02-01 permanent – that the signal at the intersection of Jerome and Indian Streets (M-20 & BR US-10) shall operate in full color mode 24 hours, 7 days per week. MCMANUS
15. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment to the appraisal firm of Terzo & Bologna, Inc. for contracted appraisal services in the defense of the assessment appeal by The Dow Chemical Company regarding three separate parcels. BRANSON
* b. 1/2 Ton Quad Cab Truck. MCGUIRE
* c. Change Order #3971-6 from Sugar Construction on the St. Charles Softball Field Phase II Project. MCGUIRE
* 16. Setting a public hearing on Zoning Petition No. 495 to rezone property at the corner of Washington Street and Eastlawn Drive from Office Service-2 to Business B-2 (11/25). LYNCH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library