REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
December 9, 2002 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Mary C. Currie
Daryl L. Griggs
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of November 25 regular City Council meeting. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the year ended June 30, 2002 and resolution receiving and filing report for public inspection. FISHER
3. Brownfield Redevelopment Zone and Plan for The Dow Chemical Company. (Also see material sent in November 11 agenda packet.): TOMION
a. Designating the boundaries of the Brownfield Redevelopment Zone.
b. Approving a Brownfield Redevelopment Plan.
4. Budget Amendment to the Cable Communications Fund. (Also see material sent in November 25 agenda packet.) DUSO
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
5. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amendment to Sec. 15-223 of the Code of Ordinances, Application required; fee. DUSO
6. Approving Site Plan No. 219 for Alpine Mobile Home Village Phase II, a residential mobile home park with 120 sites on 35.42 acres east of Perrine Road south of Letts Road. LYNCH
7. Receiving petitions for public improvements and referring to the Engineering Department for consideration of inclusion in the 2003 Construction Program: MCMANUS
a. Water Main on proposed roadway from Joe Mann Boulevard to Commerce Drive.
b. Water Main on Fisher Road and along the south line of Section 24 to the end of Centennial Drive.
c. Water Main on Perrine Road from Letts Road east to Letts Road west.
d. Water Main oversizing in Tri-City Commerce Park Subdivision.
e. Sanitary Sewer on Dublin Avenue from Countryside Drive to 500’ north.
f. Sanitary Sewer on Isabella Road from end of existing sewer to Sandow Road.
g. Street Improvement on Cub Court from Pheasant Ridge Drive to end of court.
h. Street Reconstruction on Nelson Street from Lingle Lane to St. Andrews Road.
i. Street Reconstruction on St. Charles Street and Whitman Drive.
j. Street oversizing in Tri-City Commerce Park Subdivision.
k. Paved Bike Pathway in Plymouth Park from Claremont Street to Plymouth Pool.
l. Street Light Improvements on Stark Road at westbound US-10 ramps.
* 8. Approving the negotiated contract extension between the City of Midland and the Midland Municipal Supervisory Employees Association for a two-year period. ISRAEL
9. Discussing the 2003-04 City of Midland Budget Preparation Schedule. FISHER
* 10. Considering MDOT Contract No. 02-5503 for the reconstruction of Bay City Road from the CSX Railroad tracks to Rockwell Drive. MCMANUS
11. Setting public hearings:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 497 to rezone property north of Oakbrook Court, east of Jefferson Avenue from Township Zoning to Residential A-1 (1/13/03). LYNCH
* b. Zoning Petition No. 498 to rezone property west of Perrine Road, south of Letts Street from Township Zoning to Residential A-1 (1/13/03). LYNCH
* c. Zoning Petition No. 499 to rezone property west of Abbott Road, north of Betsey Drive, south of Alta Court from Residential A-2 to Residential A-4 (1/13/03). LYNCH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library