REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
January 13, 2003 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Mary C. Currie
Daryl L. Griggs
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of December 2 special, December 16 regular, January 7 special and January 8 special City Council meetings. KOVACEVICH
2. Zoning Petition No. 497 to rezone property north of Oakbrook Court, east of Jefferson Avenue from Township Zoning to Residential A-1. (Also see material sent in December 9, 2002, agenda packet.) LYNCH
3. Zoning Petition No. 498 to rezone property west of Perrine Road, south of Letts Street from Township Zoning to Residential A-1. (Also see material sent in December 9, 2002, agenda packet.) LYNCH
4. Zoning Petition No. 499 to rezone property west of Abbott Road, north of Betsey Drive, south of Alta Court from Residential A-2 to Residential A-4. (Also see material sent in December 9, 2002, agenda packet.) LYNCH
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
5. Request from Renick Stevenson to address the City Council regarding a bridge mural.
6. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance amendment to provide for Payment in Lieu of Taxes for Chippewassee Court Phase II. FISHER
* 7. Approving a two-year time extension for the preliminary plat of Bogel’s Urban Subdivision No. 2. LYNCH
8. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MCMANUS
* a. P-02-10 establishes that parking shall be prohibited on Jefferson Avenue from Wheeler Street to Wackerly Street.
* b. R-02-09 establishes that the speed limit on James Savage Road between Saginaw Road and Rockwell Drive be posted at 45 m.p.h.
* c. S-02-12 establishes that the intersection of Scenic Drive and Wildflower Lane shall be a four-way stop.
* d. S-02-13 establishes that Travis Court shall yield to Whitewood Drive.
* e. S-02-14 establishes that Barto Street shall stop for Campau Drive.
* f. S-02-15 establishes that Norwood Drive shall stop for Campau Drive.
* 9. Accepting a Quitclaim Deed and Easement Agreement for the right of way of future Sugnet Road west from Main Street to make this a public street and for future public utilities. MCMANUS
* 10. Accepting a Warranty Deed for the turn-around at the west end of Terra Drive to make this a public street. MCMANUS
* 11. Recommending approval of the request from Alex’s Greek Kitchen for a new on-premises banquet facility permit with entertainment permit. DUSO
* 12. Receiving and filing the Joint Building Authority annual financial report for year ended June 30, 2002. FISHER
13. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Contract between the City of Midland and the Midland Municipal Employees Association. ISRAEL
* b. HVAC Maintenance Agreement with J. E. Johnson Contracting for service at Riverside Place, Washington Woods and the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library. MEYER
* c. Bituminous Materials – DPS. MCGUIRE
* d. Liquid Calcium Chloride – DPS. MCGUIRE
* e. Concrete – DPS. MCGUIRE
* f. Payment for contracted legal services relating to the City’s defense in the Midland Cogeneration Venture’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
g. Design and Construction Proposal for Storm Water Improvements. BUSH
* h. Change Order to Hubbell, Roth & Clark for Flow Monitoring Study. BUSH
i. M.Co.Net Intergovernmental Fiber Consortium Agreement. BIRCHMEIER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library