REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
May 12, 2003 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Mary C. Currie
Daryl L. Griggs
Hollis H. McKeag
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of April 28 regular, May 5 and May 6 special City Council meetings. KOVACEVICH
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Midland Blooms Day – May 17. TISDALE
3. Presentation by Doug Hoerr, Landscape Architect, on the Eastman Avenue Corridor Improvement Concept. LYNCH
4. 2003 Sidewalk Improvement Program. (Also see material sent in April 14 agenda packet.) MCMANUS
5. 2003 Downtown Economic Revitalization Public Improvement Special Assessment District Special Assessment Roll. (Also see material sent in April 28 agenda packet.) PAUL
6. City Manager’s Proposed 2003-04 Budget. (Also see material sent in April 14 and April 28 agenda packets.) FISHER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
7. Giving final approval of the Preliminary Plat of Countryside Estates, a residential subdivision of 50 lots on 24.86 acres west of Dublin Avenue and south of Countryside Drive. LYNCH
8. Accepting an Easement Agreement: MCMANUS
* a. From Gary O. Bartow and Lois J. Bartow for a sanitary sewer pump station on the west side of Perrine Road at Letts Road.
* b. From DeShano Development Corporation for the installation of an emergency generator at the existing pump station on the east side of Clay Street.
* 9. Approving plats of Sections M, Q and Oc at the Midland Cemetery. MCGUIRE
* 10. Approving the request from the Diamond Corporation to transfer ownership and location of a Class C liquor license and to reclassify the license as a Hotel B license at 5217 Bay City Road. DUSO
* 11. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Bo Brines to the Downtown Development Authority. LYNCH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library