MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor ProTem
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black (excused)
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approving
minutes of February 9 regular
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Red Cross Month – March 2004. RICHART
3. 2003 Safety Program Progress Report. PETERSON
4. Zoning Petition No. 504 – to rezone property east of Midfield Lane, south of Joseph Drive and north of Diamond Drive from Limited Commercial, Manufacturing and Research and Industrial B to Community (Also see material sent in January 26 agenda packet.) OSTGARDEN
5. Proposed Use of Local Law Enforcement
Block Grant Funding (Also see material sent in February 9 agenda packet.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
6. First reading of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
c. Sec. 21-72 of Div. 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pool fees.
d. Sec. 21-73 of Div. 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation fees.
7. Approving the placement of one way entry
and exit signs at
8. Receiving and filing the 2004-2005 Construction Projects Priorities List. MCMANUS
9. Receiving and filing the 2004 Annual Sidewalk Report. MCMANUS
* 10. Reappointing James Schroeder to the Board of Review for a term to
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment to Plante and Moran, LLP, for its accounting services relating to the City’s defense in the Dow Corning Corporation’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* b. Landfill Cell 15 Construction Change Order #3. BUSH
* c. Sand hauling. BUSH
* d. Change Order for Consulting Engineering Services for Northeast Pressure District. BUSH
12. Setting public hearings to amend budgets to recognize as revenue a grant (3/8): MCGUIRE
* a. For the design and construction of a dock near the Tridge from the Midland Area Community Foundation.
b. For the construction
of a Sprayground for community use on
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400