MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve
minutes of February 23 regular
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of Sgt. George Hutter as 2003 Police Officer of the Year.
3. Zoning Petition No. 505 – Family and Children’s Service of Midland – to rezone property at 1610 Bookness Street from Residential A-4 to Office Service 2 (Also see material sent in February 9 agenda packet). LYNCH
4. Amendment to budgets to recognize as revenue a grant (Also see material sent in February 23 agenda packet): MCGUIRE
a. For the design and construction of a dock near the Tridge from the Midland Area Community Foundation.
b. For the
construction of a Sprayground for community use on
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
5. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
c. Sec. 21-72 of Div. 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pool fees.
d. Sec. 21-73 of Div. 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation fees.
6. Directing the West Main Street Historic District Commission to meet with the State Historic Preservation Office to discuss delegation of authority for issuance of certificates of appropriateness. LYNCH
7. Approving Site Plan No. 236 – Revised
Forestridge Condominiums – to increase the number of residential units from 68
to 74 on approximately 20 acres located west of
8. Directing the City
9. Receiving and filing the City
10. Approving two medallion designs and the installation of four medallions on the Eastman Avenue/US-10 overpass. LYNCH
11. Authorizing the City Attorney to settle small damage claims. BRANSON
Application to the State of
a. Naming the City
b. Giving the City
* 14. Rejecting bids for Golf Course maintenance. MCGUIRE
15. Consideration of purchases and contracts:
* a. Revised membership agreement with the MML Unemployment Compensation Group Account. SPEESE
* b. Payment to Max Derbes & Associates and Baker & O’Brien for contracted appraisal services relating to the Dow Corning Corporation and The Dow Chemical Company’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* c. Rescue/Pumper Unit. MCGUIRE
* d. Bituminous Materials. MCGUIRE
* e Concrete. MCGUIRE
* g. Roadway Agreement with
* h. Infrastructure Agreement with Earl D. Bennett Construction, Inc. MCMANUS
16. Setting public hearings:
* a. Amendment to the 2003-04 Library Budget to fund construction of a coffee bar (3/22). BARNARD
* b. Amendments to MCTV Rules and Procedures (3/22). BEACOM
to a closed session to discuss pending litigation, specifically Midland
Cogeneration Venture Limited Partnership vs. City of
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400