REGULAR MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 14 regular
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
3. Request from Electro Panel, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate within the Electro Panel, Inc. Industrial Development District No. 1 relating to personal property (Also see material sent in June 14 agenda packet). ELBERS
to the 2003-04 General Budget to reflect grant funding received from the
Michigan State Police Office of Highway Safety Planning (Also see material sent
in June 14 agenda packet).
5. Special Use Permit No. 13 for a special land use permit review and approval to construct a 4,700 sq. ft. office building on 2.69 acres on Sugnet Road west of the Pere Marquette Rail Trail (Also see material sent in the June 14 agenda packet). LYNCH
6. Amendment to the 2003-04 Sanitary Landfill Fund Budget for Hydrogeology Monitoring (Also see material sent in the June 14 agenda packet). BUSH
7. Amendment to the General Fund Budget to increase expenditures for unanticipated expenses incurred in reviewing The Dow Chemical Company’s revised Scope of Work and the Interim Response Activities relating to the dioxin issues (Also see material sent in the June 14 agenda packet): BRANSON
a. Hold Public Hearing
b. Approve payment to Miller, Canfield, Paddock, & Stone for legal services and to Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber, Inc. for environmental consulting services.
8. Amendment to the General Fund Budget (Also see material sent in June 14 agenda packet): BRANSON
a. Hold public hearing to increase 2003-04 expenditures for unanticipated expenses incurred in The Dow Chemical Company and Dow Corning Corporation tax appeals.
b. Hold public hearing to decrease 2004-05 expenditures in The Dow Chemical Tax Appeal Activity and in the Dow Corning Corporation Tax Appeal Activity.
c. Approve payment to Max Derbes & Associates and Baker & O’Brien for contracted appraisal services.
d. Approve payment to Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone for contracted legal services.
e. Approve payment to Plante and Moran, LLP, for accounting services.
f. Approve payment to Pilko & Associates, Inc. for environmental management consulting services.
g. Approve payment to Terzo & Bologna, Inc. for contracted appraisal services.
9. Amendment to the Cable Communications Fund Budget to increase expenditures for the unanticipated expenses incurred in the cable franchise fee lawsuit (Also see material sent in June 14 agenda packet): BRANSON
a. Hold Public Hearing.
b. Approve payment to Kitch, Drutchas, Wagner, DeNardis & Valitutti for legal services.
10. Amendment to the 2004-05 Major Street Budget to participate with the Midland County Road Commission for the reconstruction of Saginaw Road from Gordonville Road to Waldo Court during the 2004 construction season (Also see material sent in June 14 agenda packet). MCMANUS
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
11. Second reading and adoption of an
amendment to the City of
12. Second reading and adoption of an
amendment to the City of
13. Approving Site Plan No. 241 to construct
an 11, 025 sq. ft. building on 3.1 acres located north of
* 14. Approving annexation request from Tony
* 15. Making Traffic Control Order No. S-04-01, that
* 16. Approving request from Che Brothers, Inc. to transfer ownership of a Class C licensed business with Dance Permit, located in escrow at 5010 Bay City Road, from Restaurant Tuma, Inc., and request to cancel the existing Dance Permit. DUSO
* 17. Establishing a money purchase 401(a) deferred compensation plan for deferral of amounts due qualified employees upon retirement for accrued vacation leave, sick leave and longevity. FISHER
18. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2004
* b. Periodical and Newspaper Subscription Services – Library. MCKANE
* c. Employee Assistance Program. SPEESE
* d. Computer Hardware and Software. BIRCHMEIER
* e. Payment to Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P.L.C., Westrate and Thomas, P.C. and Spiegel & McDiarmid for contracted legal services relating to the City’s defense in the MCV’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* 19. Setting a public hearing on the request
from QuadSil, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate to
construct a 5,000 sq. ft. building and purchase personal property for their new
business to be located at
20. Adjourning to a closed session to discuss a written opinion by the City Attorney as an Attorney-Client privilege document. BRANSON
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400