REGULAR MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER - R. Drummond Black, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - R. Drummond Black
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 21 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of Det. James Hurd as 2004
Police Officer of the Year.
3. Request from Precision Torque Control, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate within the Eastwick Industrial Park Industrial Development District relating to real property (also see material sent in February 21 agenda packet). DUFORD
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up before meeting with City Clerk)
4. Introduction and first reading of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Parks and Recreation fees.
b. Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 - Golf Course fees.
c. Sec. 21-72 of Div. 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pool fees.
* 5. Approving a one-year
time extension for the final approval of the preliminary plat of
6. Directing the City Manager to prepare a preliminary report on the request for the establishment of the 2005/06 – 2006/07 Special Assessment District for the Shopping Area Redevelopment District. O’CALLAGHAN
7. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 2005 Sidewalk Improvement Program. MAKI
8. Accepting a donation from the Midland Girls Softball League. MCGUIRE
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment to Max Derbes & Assoc., Baker & O’Brien and Terzo & Bologna, Inc. for contracted appraisal services relating to The Dow Chemical Company’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
b. Increase ERF purchase orders for vehicle maintenance supplies: MCGUIRE
* d. Addendum to Natural Gas Pipeline Franchise Agreement. MCMANUS
* e. 2005 Pavement Crack Sealing Program; Contract No. 13. MCMANUS
10. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amendment to the 2004-05 Downtown Development Authority budget to provide funding for the Ashman Street streetscape improvements (3/21). O’CALLAGHAN
* b. Request from McKay Press, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate within the Expanded McKay Industrial Development District No. 1 relating to personal property. (3/21). DUFORD
* 11. Receiving quarterly
financial statements of the City of
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400