MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of July 10 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation to
a. Resolution receiving and filing the report.
b. Resolution appointing an Interim City Manager.
3. City of
a. Resolution approving the Policy.
referring the closure of
4. Amend the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance by amending Article 30 – Section E Conditional Zoning Map Amendment Considerations (Also see material sent in June 26 agenda packet). LYNCH
5. Amend the 2006-07 budget of the Equipment Revolving Fund to recognize an unanticipated expenditure for replacement of a police patrol car totaled in a recent collision (Also see material sent in July 10 agenda packet). MCGUIRE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY,
6. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to amend Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21, Civic Arena fees. MCGUIRE
Civic Arena ballot language for consideration of approval on
* 8. Receiving and filing a report on the 2006 City Council Goals. DUSO
9. Receiving and filing the 2006 Performance Measure Report. DUSO
and filing the Five Year Projection of the City of
* 11. Authorizing refunds to property owners located within various special assessment districts. KEENAN
* 12. Approving the annexation request from
Morley and Susan Blackhurst for property located at
13. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
a. P-06-04 – parking shall be prohibited
b. P-06-05 – parking shall be prohibited
on the west side of Bayliss Street 50’ from the rear entrance to
* 14. Approving request for amplified sound during The Arc Walk, Stroll and Roll event on August 12. DUSO
* 15. Updating authorized persons to sign
16. Considering purchases and contracts:
* b. Electronic on-line services and books - Library. BARNARD
* c. Periodicals and newspaper subscriptions - Library. BARNARD
* e. Two front mowers and tractors. MCGUIRE
* f. Crew cab and ˝ ton pick up trucks. MCGUIRE
* g. Dilloway Dr. Sewer Liner Repair. BUSH
* h. Water Meters and Accessories. BUSH
* j. Police Radios and Equipment.
17. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amending the 2006-2007 Local Street Maintenance Fund to include the paving of Third Street between Indian and Pine Streets using Community Development Block Grant Funds (8/14). LYNCH
* b. Accepting a $10,000 donation from the Strosacker Foundation for new lobby furniture for Washington Woods and amending the 2006-07 Washington Woods budget to recognize the donation (8/14). STEWART
TO CONTACT THE
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400