REGULAR MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve
minutes of August 14 regular
2. 2006-07 Equipment Revolving Fund Budget: MCGUIRE
a. Amend the 2006-07 Equipment Revolving Fund Budget for Capital Outlay – Vehicles to recognize an increase in the purchase price of a sewer vacuum truck and an equivalent increase in revenue received from the trade-in of the old unit (Also see material sent in August 14 agenda packet).
b. Approve purchase of a sewer vacuum/jetter truck.
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before
meeting). This is an opportunity for
people to address the
3. Authorizing staff to apply for one-day liquor licenses for September 13 and 19, 2006, to be used in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing at Currie Golf Course. MCGUIRE
* 4. Authorizing
the sale of surplus city equipment at the annual auction on
* 5. Updating
authorized persons to sign City of
* 6. Receiving
and filing the 2006 Annual Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report for the
7. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Personal Computers. WHITTINGTON
* b. Annual Software Maintenance Agreement. WHITTINGTON
* c. 2006
* d. Traffic Signal Upgrades and LED Equipment. MCMANUS
* e. Janitorial
* f. Brass Fittings. BUSH
* g. Window Replacement – Library. BARNARD
8. Non-Motorized Trail and Adjacent Landscaping. MCMANUS
a. Approving MDOT Contract No. 06-5291.
a public hearing on an amendment to the
9. Setting a public hearing:
a. Request from the Dow Corning Corporation for Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption Certificates (9/25): DUFORD
* 1. For the purchase of additional machinery and equipment for two of Dow Corning’s Core Products Businesses.
* 2. For upgrades to the Specialty Chemical Business Chiller.
* 3. For a new vacuum system and cylinder stations for Dow Corning’s Electronics Business.
* 4. For the purchase of machinery and new equipment necessary for Dow Corning’s Rubber Business.
* 5. For the addition of a site steam boiler to be located in the 400 block of Dow Corning’s Midland Plant.
* 6. For various improvements at Dow Corning’s Midland Plant, including an electrical upgrade in Building 2702 and an upgrade to the service water return line in the 300 block.
* b. Amendment
to the 2006-07 City budgets and financial working plans to provide funding for
* c. Amendment
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400