MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of September 25 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
Read Time – October 9 –
3. Request from The Dow Chemical Company for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1, relating to facility upgrades to both real and personal property within the METHOCEL manufacturing plant (Also see material sent in September 18 agenda packet). DUFORD
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda.
4. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance amendment to increase fees associated with picnic reservations. MCGUIRE
5. Accepting the report on library statistics and services for 2005-06. BARNARD
* 6. Accepting the Cable Access Advisory Commission Annual Report for 2005-06. BEACOM
* 7. Appointing Jason Brown to the Cable Access Advisory Commission. BEACOM
a license agreement for a right-of-way encroachment of
the gift of a restroom facility at the City’s baseball facility on
* 10. Making Traffic Control Order S-06-01
permanent – establishing that
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment to Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P.L.C. and Westrate and Thomas, P.C. for contracted legal services relating to the City’s defense in the Midland Cogeneration Venture’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* b. Articulated Loader. MCGUIRE
* c. Snow and Ice Control Salt. MCGUIRE
* 12. Setting a public hearing on an amendment to the 2006-07 Water Fund budget to increase revenues from the sale of industrial water and to increase appropriations for Water Treatment Plant Maintenance - Industrial (10/23). BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400