MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
PRESENTATION OF GIFTS FROM
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
minutes of November 20 special and regular
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Resolution receiving and filing the Eastman Avenue Design Series Solutions Report and Presentation by DLZ of an overview of the selected alternative. TISDALE
3. Dow Corning Corporation: DUSO
a. Renaissance Zone (Also see material sent in November 20 agenda packet).
b. Public Act 328 Agreement (Also see material sent in November 20 agenda packet).
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY,
BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
with City Clerk before meeting). This is
an opportunity for people to address the
4. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Section 21-121 of Division 4 of Article VII of Chapter 21 of the Code of Ordinances to establish new and increase existing Midland Community Television use fees. BEACOM
* 5. Approving revisions to the Jack Barstow Municipal Airport Rules and Regulations as recommended by the Aviation Advisory Commission. MCMANUS
* 6. Receiving and filing the 2006 Construction Progress Report. MCMANUS
7. Receiving petitions and requests for capital projects and referring them to the Engineering Department for consideration of inclusion in the 2007 Construction Program: MCMANUS
a. George Street relocation for the
b. New Roadway from
d. Sanitary Sewer on
* 8. Approving a one-year extension of time for completion of sidewalk in Scenic Estates Subdivision No. 6. POPRAVE
9. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. D-06-02 – that the flasher signal at the intersection of State Street and Ellsworth Street shall be removed and all previous traffic control orders at this intersection be rescinded.
* b. S-06-04 – that Ellsworth Street shall stop for State Street.
10. Referring request for street vacation to the Planning Commission, City Engineer and other city departments for their report and recommendation: POPRAVE
* a. From The Dow Chemical Company to vacate Buttles Street and Bay City Road, including sections of Sixth Street, Jefferson Avenue, and Pershing Street.
* b. From The Dow Chemical Company to vacate Austin Street and Bay City Road, including sections of 18th, 19th, and 21st Streets.
* c. From the City of Midland to vacate Midfield Lane from Soccer Drive to 430’ south of Joseph Drive.
* 11. Reappointing Jenee Velasquez to the Brownfield Redevelopment Financing Authority. DUSO
* 12. Reappointing Jon Lynch to the
* 13. Approving request to conduct Leadership Midland Alumni Association Mini-Summit at Barstow Airport on December 12. TISDALE
14. Approving request to conduct Michigan Airborne Day event at Barstow Airport on August 4, 2007. MCMANUS
15. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Two cutaway buses. MCGUIRE
* b. Paratransit Van. MCGUIRE
16. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 535 – to rezone property at 7304 Jefferson Avenue from Larkin Township zoning to Residential A-1 zoning (1/8/07). POPRAVE
* b. Zoning Petition No. 536 – to rezone property at 6715 and 6719 Herbert Street from Homer Township zoning to Residential A-3 zoning (1/8/07). POPRAVE
* c. Zoning Petition No. 537 – to rezone property at 6500 and 6501 Airport Road from Lincoln Township zoning to LCMR zoning (1/8/07). POPRAVE
* d. Zoning Petition No. 538 – to rezone property at the Airport Road Extension from Lincoln Township zoning to LCMR zoning (1/8/07). POPRAVE
* e. Zoning Petition No. 539 – to rezone property at 730 Oakbrook Drive from Larkin Township zoning to Residential A-1 zoning (1/8/07). POPRAVE
* f. Zoning Petition No. 540 – to rezone property at 221 W. Wackerly Street from Office Service zoning to Community Commercial zoning (1/8/07). POPRAVE
* 17. Receiving and filing the
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library