MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of December 4 regular City Council meeting. DUSO
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY,
BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
with City Clerk before meeting). This is
an opportunity for people to address the
2. Presentation by Sharon Mortensen regarding the Midland County Continuum of Care 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness.
3. Directing staff to pursue selection of an engineering consultant and begin the process of a budget transfer for associated funding for the Eastman Avenue Improvement Project. MCMANUS
4. Authorizing staff to pursue a resort liquor license for Currie Golf Course. MCGUIRE
5. Authorizing the City Council to accept the City Attorney opinion regarding the demolition of the Midland Civic Arena and Swimming Complex. BRANSON
* 6. Approving Site Plan No. 254 to
construct an 11,409 square foot medical office building at
Traffic Control Order No. S-06-03 permanent – that
8. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment to Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone, PLC for contracted legal services relating to the City’s defense in the Meijer tax appeal. BRANSON
* c. Library Restroom Remodel. BARNARD
* d. Jet Fueling Truck. MCMANUS
e. Increase amount of purchase orders for Vehicle Maintenance Supplies: MCGUIRE
9. Setting a public hearing:
* b. Request
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400