REGULAR MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of December 18 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
2. Zoning Petition No. 535 – to rezone property at 7304 Jefferson Avenue from Larkin Township zoning to Residential A-1 zoning (Also see material sent in December 4, 2006 agenda packet). POPRAVE
3. Zoning Petition No. 536 – to rezone property at 6715 and 6719 Herbert Street from Homer Township zoning to Residential A-3 zoning (Also see material sent in December 4, 2006 agenda packet). POPRAVE
4. Zoning Petition No. 539 – to rezone property at 730 Oakbrook Drive from Larkin Township zoning to Residential A-1 zoning (Also see material sent in December 4, 2006 agenda packet). POPRAVE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda.
* 5. Acknowledging receipt of and authorizing the City Council to accept the Freedom of Information Act denial appeal. BRANSON
WITHDRAWN BY PETITIONER
* 6. Expressing City Council’s support of The Midland County Continuum of Care 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness. LYNCH
7. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. P-06-23 – that parking shall be prohibited on Wheeler Street from 100’ west of Claremont Street to 250’ east of Swede Avenue and Traffic Control Order P-03-08 be rescinded.
* b. P-06-24 – that parking shall be prohibited on both sides of Wheeler Street from 300’west of Birchwood Drive to 150’ east of Birchwood Drive, that parking be permitted from 150’ east of Birchwood Drive to 100’ west of Foster Road and that Traffic Control Orders P-03-18 and P-69-04 be rescinded.
* c. P-06-25 – that standing, stopping, and parking shall be prohibited and bus loading be permitted on the north side of Larkin Street between Ashman Street and Gordon Street.
* d. R-06-06 – that the speed limit on Tittabawassee River Road between Cook and Green Roads shall be 35 mph.
* e. R-06-07 – that the southbound speed limit on Poseyville Road between Ellsworth Street and the south side of the bridge over the Tittabawassee River be 35 mph.
8. Considering purchases and contracts:
a. Civic Arena Demolition. MCGUIRE
* b. Trickling Filter Arms – Wastewater. BUSH
9. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amendment to the 2006-07 Major Street Maintenance Fund budget to increase revenues from additional transfers of County Road Millage and to increase appropriations to transfer additional funds to the Major Street Construction Fund for the Eastman Avenue Improvement Project (1/22/07). MCMANUS
* b. Zoning Petition No. 540 – to rezone property at 221 W. Wackerly Street from Office Service zoning to Community Commercial zoning (2/12/07). POPRAVE
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library