REGULAR MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of January 4 special, January 8 special and regular and January 15 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
2. Vacation of Buttles Street and Bay City Road, including sections of Sixth Street, Jefferson Avenue and Pershing Street (Also see material sent in December 18 agenda packet). POPRAVE
a. Amendment to the 2006-07 Major Street Maintenance Fund budget to increase revenues from additional transfers of County Road Millage and to increase appropriations to transfer additional funds to the Major Street Construction Fund for the Eastman Avenue Improvement Project (Also see material sent in January 8 agenda packet).
b. Amendment No. 7 to the DLZ Michigan Inc. Agreement.
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda.
5. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Section 34-5 of Chapter 34 of the Midland Code of Ordinances to include violations of the Rules and Regulations of the Jack Barstow Municipal Airport as civil infraction violations. BRANSON
6. Appointing Charles McFarlane to the Board of Review. MCKEAG
* 7. Receiving and filing the Staff Report to the City Council on Voting Issues in Precinct 1-6. LYNCH
8. Consideration of purchases and contracts:
* a. Contractual Professional Assessing Services. DUFORD
* b. Naming the City Manager as Transportation Coordinator and stating the City’s intentions to provide public transportation services and apply for Federal and State Financial Assistance. MCGUIRE
* c. Dry Prime Trash Pump – Landfill. BUSH
* d. Playground Equipment. MCGUIRE
9. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Vacation
* b. Amendment to the 2006-07 Community Development Block Grant Budget (2/12). POPRAVE
* c. Amendment to the 2006-07 Washington Woods Fund budget in order to increase revenues by $30,000 to recognize a transfer from the Community Development Block Grant Fund and increase capital equipment by the same (2/12). STEWART
d. Request from the Dow Corning Corporation for five Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates (2/12): DUFORD
* 1. For the purchase of additional machinery and equipment for two of Dow Corning’s Core Products Businesses.
* 2. For the purchase of additional machinery and equipment for Dow Corning’s Specialty Chemical Business.
* 3. For a two-part special project currently under development at the Midland Plant site.
* 4. To allow the Electronics Business to purchase new equipment to develop and test new materials.
* 5. For various improvements at the Midland Plant.
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400