MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
minutes of January 20 special and January 22 regular
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Walk for Warmth Day – February 24. RICHART
3. Arbor Day – April 27. MCGUIRE
4. Proclamation of Recognition of local organizations for their efforts to secure national recognition for the Greater Midland community as one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People in America. RICHART
5. Presentation by Plante & Moran, the City’s auditors, on the 2006 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and resolution receiving and filing said report. KEENAN
6. Zoning Petition No. 540 – to rezone property at 221 W. Wackerly Street from Office Service zoning to Community Commercial zoning (Also see material sent in January 8 agenda packet). POPRAVE
7. Request from the Dow Corning Corporation for five Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates (Also see material sent in January 22 agenda packet): DUFORD
a. For the purchase of additional machinery and equipment for two of Dow Corning’s Core Products Businesses.
b. For the purchase of additional machinery and equipment for Dow Corning’s Specialty Chemical Business.
c. For a two-part special project currently under development at the Midland Plant site.
d. To allow the Electronics Business to purchase new equipment to develop and test new materials.
e. For various improvements at the Midland Plant.
8. Amendment to the 2006-07 Community Development Block Grant Budget (Also see material sent in January 22 agenda packet). STANDFEST
9. Amendment to the 2006-07 Washington Woods Fund budget: STEWART
a. Hold public hearing on the amendment to the 2006-07 Washington Woods Fund budget to increase outside contributions revenues by $30,000 and increase capital equipment by $30,000 (Also see material sent in January 22 agenda packet).
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY,
BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
with City Clerk before meeting). This is
an opportunity for people to address the
10. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to amend Section 34-5 of Chapter 34 of the Midland Code of Ordinances to include violations of the Rules and Regulations of Jack Barstow Municipal Airport as civil infraction violations. BRANSON
11. Introduction and first reading of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MCGUIRE
a. Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
c. Sec. 21-73 of Div. 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation fees.
and filing quarterly financial statements of the City of
* a. Quarter ending
* b. Quarter ending
Public Act 328 Agreements with Dow Corning Corporation and Valley Assets
and filing the report on the 2007
15. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent:
a. P-06-29 – that parking shall be
b. P-06-30 – that parking shall be
c. R-06-08 – that U-Turn movements shall
be prohibited on
* d. S-06-06
* e. S-06-07
* f. S-06-08
* g. S-06-09
* h. S-06-10
i. S-06-11 – that
* j. S-06-12 – that eastbound Buttles Street traffic turning left onto northbound Lyon Road shall yield to westbound Lyon Road north of Buttles Street.
* 16. Authorizing the sale at public auction of surplus computer equipment and other departmental surplus items. MEYER
* 17. Recognizing The Rotary Club of Midland Morning as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
* 18. Approving request to place a sign for the Civic Arena in the public right of way. MCGUIRE
* 19. Approving request to conduct the Great Lakes Loons Pennant Race on April 21. DUSO
* 20. Approving request to host a Thrivent
Christian Musical Concert in
21. Considering purchases and contracts:
Agreement for the sale of a house at
contract change orders with The Tancor Corp. for Fire Station #3
* c. Internet-based inquiry and transaction processing software. UNDERHILL
* d. Increase authorized funds for the purchase of enterprise reporting software and related training. UNDERHILL
e. Fun Zone Staining. MCGUIRE
* f. Bituminous Materials. MCGUIRE
* g. Concrete. MCGUIRE
* h. Sanitary Sewer Modeling Change Order. BUSH
* 22. Accepting donation from the Friends of the Library to fund newspaper digitization and setting a public hearing to amend the 2006-07 Library budget to recognize unanticipated revenues and expenditures for the digitization project (2/26). BARNARD
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400