REGULAR MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve
minutes of February 12 special and regular
2. Request to vacate a portion of Austin Street, Bay City Road, and Washington Street, including sections of 19th Street and 21st Street (Also see material sent in January 22 agenda packet). POPRAVE
3. Amendment to the 2006-07 Budget for the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library to recognize unanticipated revenue from contributions and to appropriate funds for the newspaper digitization project (Also see material sent in February 12 agenda packet). BARNARD
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before
meeting). This is an opportunity for
people to address the
4. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MURPHY
a. Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
c. Sec. 21-73 of Div. 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation fees.
* 5. Receiving and filing the 2007 Annual Sidewalk Report. MCMANUS
6. Receiving and filing the 2007-08 Construction Project Priorities List. MCMANUS
* 7. Receiving
and filing the 2006 Annual Report for the Saginaw-Midland Municipal
* 8. Accepting
a Warranty Deed from the D & M Johnston Family, LLC for part of the
right-of-way for the extension of
* 9. Recommending
approval of the request from Midland Stadium Concessions, LLC for a new 12
months resort economic development Class C license with dance-entertainment
permit to be located at
* 10. Making Traffic Control Order P-06-31 permanent – that standing, stopping, and parking shall be prohibited on the north side of Sugnet Road from the crosswalk located on the west side of Baldwin Street to 50 feet east. MCMANUS
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* b. Payment to Baker & O’Brien and Andrew B. Chamberlain for contracted appraisal services relating to the City’s defense in the Midland Cogeneration Venture’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* c. Payment to Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P.L.C. and Westrate and Thomas, P.C. for contracted legal services relating to the City’s defense in the Midland Cogeneration Venture’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* 12. Setting a public hearing on an amendment to the 2006-07 Downtown Development Authority budget to provide funding for a Redevelopment & Design Study for Downtown Midland (3/12). O’CALLAGHAN
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400