MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 26 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation of the 2006 Bette R. Tollar Civic Commitment Award. MCGUIRE
3. Public hearing on an amendment to the 2006-07 Downtown Development Authority budget to provide funding for the Redevelopment & Design Study for Downtown Midland (Also see material sent in February 26 agenda packet). O’CALLAGHAN
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda.
4. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance amending Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees – by adding rates for power cart rental. MCGUIRE
condemnation proceedings at
6. Authorizing the Mayor to sign a Statement of Support for the National Guard and Reserve. WHITTINGTON
7. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 2007 Sidewalk Improvement Program. MAKI
the Purchase Agreement for the purchase of a house at
* 9. Directing the City Manager to prepare a preliminary report for a Special Assessment District under the Shopping Area Redevelopment Act in the Shopping Area Redevelopment District. O’CALLAGHAN
* 10. Notifying MDOT that the City will comply with MDOT’s regulations regarding wayfinding signs on the State rights-of-way. MCGUIRE
* 11. Approving request from the Michigan Ice Professional Softball team to use Currie Stadium in 2007, charge for games, sell alcoholic beverages and display fireworks. MCGUIRE
* 12. Approving purchase of a Forklift. MCGUIRE
13. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amendment to the 2006-07 Golf Course Budget to reflect projected actual spending submitted during the 2007-08 budget process (4/9). MCGUIRE
* b. Zoning Petition No. 541 – to rezone a portion of property at 1314 W. Wheeler Street from Office Service to Regional Commercial zoning (4/9). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400