REGULAR MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of May 7 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of 19 elementary and middle school children for outstanding work in creating posters for the 2007 Make Midland Beautiful Art Celebration. YUERGENS
3. American Red Cross Everyday Heroes Day – May 21. RICHART
4. Zonta Club Week – June 3 – 9. RICHART
of the 2007
of Online Transactions and the City of
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda.
7. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Section 34-5 of Chapter 34 of the Midland Code of Ordinances to include violations of the Cemetery Rules as civil infraction violations. BRANSON
8. Adoption of the City Manager’s Proposed 2007-08 Budget. KEENAN
9. Approving the Midland Cogeneration Venture’s Amended Composite Project Plan. DUSO
* 10. Approving
Site Plan No. 259 to construct an 8,226 square foot proposed building located
Final Plat of Winding Creek Estates No. 2, a residential subdivision of 33 lots
on 10.6 acres located east of
12. Approving payment of county road millage funds to the Midland County Road Commission to purchase road right-of-way for Letts Road Extension Project: MCMANUS
* a. 3.58 acres from F/A Pnacek Limited, Inc.
* b. 0.42 acres from Jim and Dora Pnacek
* 13. Authorizing
execution of a purchase agreement for the purchase of real property at
* 14. Receiving and filing the 2006 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. BUSH
15. Considering purchases and contracts:
* b. 2007 Surface Treatment & Crack Sealing Program; Contract No. 4. MCMANUS
* c. Water Meters and Accessories. BUSH
* d. Golf
* e. Golf
Cart Storage/Maintenance Building.
* 16. Setting
a public hearing to amend 2006-07 and 2007-08 Golf Course and General Fund
17. Recognizing the Tri-County Horse Association as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library