MEETING OF THE
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 25 special and
2. 2007 Sidewalk Improvement Special Assessment District:
a. Hold Public Hearing (Also see material sent in June 11 agenda packet). DUFORD
b. Approving 2007 Sidewalk Improvement Program; Contract No. 17. MAKI
b. Approving MDOT Contract No. 07-5240
4. Conversion of the
a. Amendment to the 2007-08 General Fund to reflect the revenue and expense for the project (Also see material sent in June 25 agenda packet).
b. Approving contract with Servinski Sod Service.
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY,
BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
with City Clerk before meeting). This is
an opportunity for people to address the
5. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Sections 35-3, 35-4, 35-5, 35-6, 35-8, 35-9, and adding a new Section 35-10 of the Emergency Management ordinance. DUSO
6. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Section 34-5 of Chapter 34 of the Midland Code of Ordinances to include violations of Section 28-113.1 of Article III of Chapter 28 as civil infraction violations. BRANSON
a Warranty Deed from Midland Public Schools to the City of
* 8. Approving a two-year extension of time for completion of sidewalk in Countryside Estates Subdivision No. 1. BAKER
9. Winding Creek Estates Subdivision No. 1: BAKER
a. Approving a two-year extension of time for completion of sidewalk.
b. Amending the Development Agreement to
remove the construction of sidewalks along
* 10. Authorizing execution of Subrecipient Agreements for award of CDBG funds. BAKER
* 11. Authorizing execution of an amendment
to the 2005 agreement between the City of
* 12. Recommending approval of the request from Molly’s Bistro for a PA 501 Liquor License. DUSO
* 13. Approving the annexation of
* 14. Approving the sale of Dow Chemical
Company stock, Exxon Mobil stock and Honeywell International stock received as
a contribution from the Currie Family and placing the proceeds in the Currie
Golf Course Fund.
* 15. Receiving and filing the audit of the
17. Considering purchases and contracts:
* d. Traffic Consulting Services. MCMANUS
* e. Newspaper Digitization Project – Library. BARNARD
* f. Sidewalk Replacement Program. MURPHY
18. Setting a public hearing:
Use Permit No. 23 to allow a 14 stall parking lot in a Residential A-1 zone at
* b. Amendment to the 2007-08 Equipment Revolving Fund budget to recognize an unanticipated expenditure for replacement of a police patrol car totaled in a collision (7/23). MURPHY
19. Recognizing the Friends of MCTV as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library