REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
August 27, 2007 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 13 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Report on Michigan Airborne Days event and presentation of recognition certificates to City Council and Barstow Airport staff by Howard Magee. MCMANUS
3. Amendment to the Major Street Maintenance Fund, Water Fund, and Wastewater Fund to account for the necessary transfer of monies between funds resulting from the receipt of property located on Jefferson Avenue and Joe Mann Blvd. from the Don Carlsen family (Also see material sent in August 13 agenda packet). KEENAN
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda.
4. Receiving and filing the staff report on the potential use of bio-fuels in city vehicles and equipment. MURPHY
5. Receiving and filing a report regarding evaluation criteria for severing James Savage west of Saginaw Road. MCMANUS
* 6. Authorizing execution of the Uniform Video Service Local Franchise Agreement between the City of Midland and Charter Communications. DUSO
* 7. Authorizing execution of the “City of Midland and Earl D. Bennett Construction, Inc. Infrastructure Agreement – Letts Road”. MCMANUS
* 8. Approving annexation request from Anne Carmona for property located at 8506 Sturgeon Avenue. BAKER
9. Extending Traffic Control Order P-07-20 and making Traffic Control Orders P-07-21 and S-07-05 permanent: MCMANUS
* a. P-07-20 – that parking shall be prohibited on the east side of State, Mill, and Haley Streets from Indian Street to Pine Street, and on the north side of Grove Street from State Street to Fournie Street Monday through Saturday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. between April 1 and October 1 annually.
* b. P-07-21 – that parking shall be prohibited on Jefferson Avenue 200 feet north and south of the centerline of Meadowbrook Drive.
* c. S-07-05 – that vehicular traffic exiting the north and south parking lot access drive approaches at 405 Fast Ice Drive (Midland Civic Arena) shall stop for Fast Ice Drive.
* 10. Recognizing the Toni & Trish House as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
* 11. Accepting resignation of Ann Beck from the Downtown Development Authority. BAKER
* 12. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Susan Rabbage to the Downtown Development Authority. BAKER
* 13. Receiving and filing the quarterly financial statements of the City of Midland for the quarter ending March 31, 2007. KEENAN
14. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2007 Haley Street Reconstruction; Contract No. 12. MCMANUS
* b. 2007 Union Street Sewer; Contract No. 11. MCMANUS
* c. Treatment and Transportation Assessment. BUSH
* d. Inspection Services for Jefferson Water Tower Repair and Painting. BUSH
* e. Light duty vehicles, police patrol cars, wide area mower and aerial lift truck. MURPHY
* f. Increase PO #22957 to Bay Aggregate for 22A Limestone. MURPHY
* g. Increase PO # 23909 to Textron Business Services for rental of golf carts for Currie Golf Course. IRELAND
15. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amendment to the 2007-08 City budgets and financial working plans to provide funding for June 30, 2007 encumbrances (9/10). KEENAN
* b. Zoning Petition No. 544 to rezone property at 2009, 2021, 2025, 2105, 2111, 2113 Jefferson Avenue from Residential A-4 to Community (9/17). BAKER
* c. The Dow Chemical Company Brownfield Redevelopment Plan #4 (10/1). DUSO
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library