MEETING OF THE
September 10, 2007 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 27 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. Zoning Text Amendment No. 145A to add Child Care Centers as a principal permitted use and structure in the Office Service District (Also see material sent in August 13 agenda packet). BAKER
3. Conditional Use Permit No. 24 to allow a child care center in an RA-1 Residential district at 2515 Ashman Street (Also see material sent in August 13 agenda packet). BAKER
4. Amendment to the 2007-08 City budgets and financial working plans to provide funding for June 30, 2007 encumbrances (Also see material sent in August 27 agenda packet). MADAY
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
5. Update regarding request for information from the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. BUSH
* 6. Approving Site Plan No. 261 to construct a 6,369 square foot proposed building located at 100 Joseph Drive on 2.04 acres. BAKER
* 7. Approving the Purchase Agreement for the sale of a 29 foot vacant parcel of land at 308 Kent Court (4/5 vote required). BAKER
* 8. Authorizing the sale of surplus city equipment at the annual auction on September 15, 2007. MURPHY
* 9. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Thomas Fleming as the Resident Representative to the Downtown Development Authority. BAKER
10. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2007 Sturgeon Creek and State Drain Storm Sewer Outlet Repairs; Contract No. 15. MAKI
* b. Foundry Sand – Landfill (4/5 vote required). BUSH
* c. Brass Fittings – Water Dept. BUSH
* 11. Setting a public hearing to vacate George Street between State Street and Jefferson Avenue (10/22). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400