MEETING OF THE
October 1, 2007 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W.
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of September 13 special, September 17 special and September 17 regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Fire Prevention Week – Oct. 7 – 13. GARCIA
3. The Dow Chemical Company Brownfield Redevelopment Plan #4 (Also see material sent in August 27 agenda packet). DUSO
4. Requests for Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates (Also see material sent in September 17 agenda packet): DUFORD
a. From The Dow Chemical Company, within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1, relating to facility upgrades to provide a long-term solution for Michigan Operations warehousing and storage needs.
b. From The Dow Chemical Company, within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1, relating to facility upgrades within Michigan Operations to establish the 304 Building as the base of operations for the brake fluids business within Dow.
c. From The Dow Chemical Company, within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1, relating to personal property improvements to increase the production capacity of Divinylbenzene.
d. From The Dow Chemical Company, within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1, relating to new real and personal property to construct a research and development plant to further develop the integration of new solar cell technology in the design of building materials.
e. From The Dow Chemical Company, within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1, relating to facility upgrades to both real and personal property for the Dow Automotive DPF Automotive Filter Manufacturing Capacity project to rehabilitate approximately 85,200 square feet of currently idle process space.
5. From Dow Agro Sciences, LLC, within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation district No. 1, relating to new real and personal property to allow for the capacity expansion of the compound Aminopyralid.
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
* 6. Approving Site Plan No. 262 to construct an 11,070 square foot proposed golf cart storage and maintenance building located at 1116 Currie Parkway on 113 acres. BAKER
* 7. Approving Site Plan No. 266 to construct a 103 stall asphalt parking lot at 901 Waldo Avenue on 6.98 acres. BAKER
8. Approving a Water Service Agreement between the City of Midland and the Water District No. 1 of Midland County. DUSO
* 9. Certifying the Downtown Development Authority as a Redevelopment Project Area and that Molly’s Bistro is within the District. DUSO
10. Accepting a grant from the Midland Area Community Foundation City of Midland Senior Housing Improvement Fund for the purchase and installation of a public address system for the Gerstacker Community Room at Washington Woods. BAKER
* 11. Approving the Purchase Agreement for the house at 3308 Aaron Court. BAKER
12. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MCMANUS
* a. R-07-09 – that the speed limit of Fast Ice Drive between Bay City Road and Rockwell Drive shall be 30 m.p.h.
* b. R-07-10 – that the speed limit of Letts Road between Sturgeon Avenue and Perrine Road shall be 35 m.p.h.
* c. S-07-07 – that Fast Ice Drive shall stop for Rockwell Drive.
* 13. Receiving and filing the 2006-07 Library Board Annual Report. BARNARD
14. Consideration of purchases and contracts:
a. Dial-A-Ride Bus Purchase through MDOT: MURPHY
* 1. Reject all responses to Bid No. 3047.
* 2. Purchase of seven buses through the State of Michigan’s Extended Purchasing Program.
* b. Two Tilt-Cab Dump Trucks. MURPHY
* c. Two Replacement Dump Bodies. MURPHY
* d. Fire Pumper Unit. MURPHY
* e. Trailer-mounted generator and standby generator – Landfill. BUSH
* f. Standby generator – Wastewater. BUSH
* g. 2007 Rodd Street Reconstruction; Change Order No. 1. MCMANUS
15. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Request from Mid-Michigan Energy, LLC to establish an Industrial Development District (10/22). DUFORD
* b. Final Draft of the Master Plan and Future Land Use Map (10/22). BAKER
16. Authorizing execution of Change Order No. 1 to the 2007 Main Street Water Main; Contract No. 8. MCMANUS
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400