REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
October 22, 2007 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
Boy Scout Troop #763 – First Baptist Church
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
James S. Myers
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of October 1 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of Midland’s receipt of a Silver Award from the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Promoting Active Communities Program. TISDALE
3. Homeless Awareness Week – November 11 – 17. RICHART
4. Request from Mid-Michigan Energy, LLC to establish an Industrial Development District (Also see material sent in October 1 agenda packet). DUFORD
5. Greater Midland Community Center: BAKER
a. Vacation of George Street between State Street and Jefferson Avenue (Also see material sent in September 10 agenda packet).
b. Resolution approving Site Plan No. 271 – to construct a new parking lot, recreation fields, walking paths, playground and a 16,500 square foot curling club at 2001 George Street.
6. Final Draft of the Master Plan and Future Land Use Map (Also see material sent in October 1 agenda packet). BAKER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
7. Approving Site Plans: BAKER
a. No. 264 – MidMichigan Medical Center - to construct a 67,000 square foot addition to the Harlow Building at 4005 Orchard Drive.
* b. No. 267 – Midland Investments – to construct a 10,000 square foot addition at 3600 Centennial Drive on 2.56 acres.
* 8. Approving the purchase agreement for the sale of a house at 113 W. St. Andrews Road. BAKER
* 9. Receiving and filing the 2006-07 Cable Access Advisory Commission Annual Report. BEACOM
10. Accepting $4,000.00 from the Midland Area Community Foundation for the lighting of the pedestrian sidewalk, roadway, and mural located under the Mark Putnam Bridge extending over Main Street. BAKER
* 11. Recommending approval of a request to transfer interest in the Resort Class C licensed business located at 825 E. Main from the Michigan Baseball Foundation to the Michigan Baseball Operations. DUSO
* 12. Recommending approval of the request from Parth Corp. to transfer ownership of a Class C licensed business located at 1815 S. Saginaw Road from McNamara’s Pub. DUSO
* 13. Making Traffic Control Order P-07-23 permanent – that parking shall be prohibited on Wheeler Street from 175’ west of Plymouth Park Drive to 250’ east of Swede Avenue and Traffic Control Order P-06-23 be rescinded. MCMANUS
* 14. Extending the “Three Free” fee waiver for yard waste through the leaf collection program. MURPHY
15. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Road Gravel – Landfill. BUSH
* b. Asphalt Paving – Landfill. BUSH
* c. Fencing – Landfill. BUSH
* d. Two 72” mowers and one 60” rotary broom attachment. MURPHY
* e. One fairway mower – Golf Course. MURPHY
* 16. Setting a public hearing to amend the 2007-08 Golf Course and Equipment Revolving Fund budgets for the purchase of a fairway mower (11/12). MURPHY
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library