MEETING OF THE
November 12, 2007 7:00 p.m.
The Charter of the City
Since tonight is the
first meeting conducted by the newly elected
CALL TO ORDER – Selina Tisdale, City Clerk
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ELECTION RESULTS OF NOVEMBER 6, 2007 COUNCIL ELECTION
ADMINISTRATION OF OATH OF OFFICE - Councilman Thomas W. Adams
- Councilman Maureen Donker
- Councilman Hollis H. McKeag
- Councilman Bruce A. Johnson
- Councilman Joseph M. Rokosz
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
1. CITY COUNCIL REORGANIZATION:
a. Selection of a Mayor. TISDALE
b. Selection of a Mayor Pro Tem. TISDALE
c. Adopt Robert’s Rules of Order. DUSO
d. Adopt the rules in recognition of the provisions of the Open Meetings Act. DUSO
e. Adopt the rules in recognition of the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. DUSO
f. Appointment of a Councilman to the
g. Appointment of a Councilman to the
h. Appointment of a Councilman as the City
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Councilman or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 2. Approve minutes of October 22 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
3. Family Week – November 18 – 24. RICHART
4. Purchase of a Fairway Mower for Golf Course: MURPHY
a. Amendment to the 2007-08 Golf Course & Equipment Revolving Fund budgets (Also see material sent in October 22 agenda packet).
b. Purchase of a Toro Reelmaster 6700-D Fairway Mower.
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
5. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amending Chapter 2, Article XIII, of the City Code of Ordinances to provide Payment in Lieu of Taxes (P.I.L.O.T.) on two properties owned by the Affordable Housing Alliance (A.H.A.). KEENAN
6. Approving Site Plan: BAKER
* a. No. 268 – Suburban Inns - to construct a 100,000 square foot hotel at 810 Cinema Drive.
b. No. 269 – Lapham’s Garden Center – to construct a 3,600 square foot garden center at 1314 W. Wheeler Street.
* c. No. 270 – King’s Daughters and Sons of Midland, Inc. - to construct a 16,917 square foot addition at 2410 Rodd Street.
* 7. Authorizing execution of a Transfer and Assumption Agreement with Textron Business Services for the lease of 75 golf carts to be used at Currie Municipal Golf Course. MURPHY
* 8. Approving request from New Life Vineyard Church to hold an event in the Tridge area on May 17, 2008. DUSO
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Used Rear Packer Refuse Truck. MURPHY
* b. Sidewalk Litter Sweeper. MURPHY
* c. Excavator. MURPHY
10. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Conditional Use Permit No. 25 – for review and approval to allow a 3,494 square foot automobile filling station with a drive up window in a Regional Commercial District at 6801 Jefferson Avenue on 1.8 acres (12/3). BAKER
* b. Request from Mid-Michigan Energy, LLC for three Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates (12/3). DUFORD
* c. Request from MSARI Holdings, LLC to establish an Industrial Development District (12/3). DUFORD
11. Approving request from Midland Reformed Church to spend the night on the downtown sidewalks on Friday, November 16, in recognition of Homeless Week. DUSO
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400