REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
November 19, 2007 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of November 12 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
2. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Chapter 2, Article XIII, of the City Code of Ordinances to provide Payment in Lieu of Taxes (P.I.L.O.T.) on two properties owned by the Affordable Housing Alliance (A.H.A.). KEENAN
3. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance amending Article IV, Chapter 21, Library Fines, Fees and Other Charges. BARNARD
* 4. Accepting a Warranty Deed from The Tom McLand Company to the City of Midland for the right-of-way of Powder Horn Trail, a new street west of Foxfire Subdivision No. 1. MCMANUS
5. Notifying the Council of the filing of the 2007 Local Officers’ Compensation Commission Determinations and placing the 2007 LOCC Determinations on the December 3, 2007 City Council agenda for the purpose of hearing public comment. TISDALE
* 6. Recommending approval of the request from Molly’s Bistro of Midland LLC for a new Class C license with Dance-Entertainment permit to be located at 134 Ashman Street. DUSO
* 7. Recommending approval of the request from Budwarker, Inc. (Holiday Inn) to transfer all stock in their 2007 B-Hotel licensed business with Dance-Entertainment Permit, located at 1500 W. Wackerly, to Erie Hospitality, LLC. DUSO
* 8. Receiving and filing the 2007 Annual Financial Statements and Auditors’ Report for the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation. BUSH
9. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. P-07-22 – that one-hour parking shall be permitted on the south side of E. Main Street for the first two parking stalls west of Townsend Street.
* b. P-07-24 – that parking shall be prohibited on Discovery Way between Washington Street and Saginaw Road.
* c. R-07-12 – that the speed limit of Discovery Way between Washington Street and Saginaw Road shall be 35 mph.
10. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment to Walsh & Assoc., Inc., George E. Sansoucy, A. A. Schoenwald Assoc., Inc. and Whitfield Russell Assoc. for contracted appraisal services relating to the City’s defense in MCV’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* b. Payment to Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P. L.C. and Westrate and Thomas, P.C. for contracted legal services relating to the City’s defense in the Midland Cogeneration Venture’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* c. Used Rear Packer Refuse Truck (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. Two Service Body Trucks. MURPHY
* e. Landfill Compactor Emergency Repair (4/5 vote required). BUSH
* f. Increase to Purchase Order for Trenchless Sewer Line Repairs. BUSH
* 11. Setting a public hearing to consider Conditional Use Permit No. 26 – a request by the County of Midland for review and approval to allow a proposed 250 bed county jail in a community district at 101 Rockwell Drive on 30 acres (12/17). BAKER
12. Authorizing the City Council to take action on the Freedom of Information Act denial appeal. BRANSON
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library