MEETING OF THE
December 3, 2007 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of November 19 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation by Heidi SaidiZand of the Midland Area Chamber of Commerce on behalf of the Center City Initiative Project and resolution accepting the presentation and directing the City Manager to prepare a resolution of intent and a proposed ordinance creating an Authority for consideration at its meeting on December 17, 2007. BAKER
3. Conditional Use Permit No. 25 – for review and approval to allow a 3,494 square foot automobile filling station with a drive up window in a Regional Commercial District at 6801 Jefferson Avenue on 1.8 acres (Also see material sent in November 12 agenda packet). BAKER
4. Request from MSARI Holdings, LLC to establish an Industrial Development District (Also see material sent in November 12 agenda packet). DUFORD
5. Request from Mid-Michigan Energy, LLC for three Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates located within the Mid-Michigan Industrial Development District No. 1, relating to new facilities, for the construction of a 750 MW (nominal) baseload, coal-fired power plant to produce electricity and steam for local industry and Michigan needs (Also see material sent in November 12 agenda packet): DUFORD
a. This project is for Phase 1 and will include, but not be limited to, detailed engineering/design, procurement of materials and equipment, site preparation/earthwork and installation of utilities.
b. This project is for Phase 2 and will include, but not be limited to, installation of piping, equipment and material handling facilities.
c. This project is for Phase 3 and will include, but not be limited to, completion of the plant with final installation, testing, and startup and commissioning.
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY,
BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up
with City Clerk before meeting). This is
an opportunity for people to address the
6. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Article IV, Chapter 21, Library Fines, Fees and Other Charges. BARNARD
7. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance making amendments regarding emergency response fees: BRANSON
a. Sections 33-2 and 33-3
b. Sections 21-80 and 21-81
8. Rejecting the 2007 Local Officers’ Compensation Commission Determinations as filed on November 13, 2007 (4/5 vote required). TISDALE
* 9. Receiving and filing the 2008-09 Budget Preparation Schedule. KEENAN
* 10. Receiving and filing the 2007 Construction Progress Report. MCMANUS
11. Receiving petitions and requests for capital projects and referring them to the Engineering Department for consideration of inclusion in the 2008 Construction Program: MCMANUS
a. Water Main on Waldo Avenue from Wheeler Street to Diamond Drive
b. Sanitary Sewers in the Sandow Road area
c. Sanitary Sewer on Wackerly Street from Stark Road to Sequoia Lane
d. Sanitary Sewer on Waldo Avenue from Wheeler Street to Diamond Drive
e. Street Improvement on Rockwell Drive from Fisher Road to end of existing pavement
f. Street Improvements on St. Andrews Road from Eastman Avenue to the Center for the Arts
g. Street Improvement of Sugnet Road from Main Street to Dublin Avenue
h. Street Improvements on Wackerly Street from Stark Road to Dublin Avenue
* 12. Reappointing Scott Walker and David Dunn to the Brownfield Redevelopment Financing Authority. DUSO
* 13. Authorizing execution of MDOT Contract No. 2008-0071 for the installation of an automated weather observation system at Jack Barstow Municipal Airport. MCMANUS
* 14. Setting a public hearing on Zoning Petition No. 545 – MidMichigan Medical Center – to rezone property at 3200 W. Sugnet Road from Residential A-1 to Community zoning (1/7). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400