MEETING OF THE
December 17, 2007 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of December 3 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation by Ken Kaufman from Dow Corning Corporation regarding recent developments at the Midland Site. DUSO
3. Conditional Use Permit No. 26 – a request by the County of Midland for a conditional use permit to allow a proposed 250 bed county jail in a Community District at 101 Rockwell Drive on 30 acres (Also see material sent in November 19 agenda packet). BAKER
4. Request from Midland Cogeneration Venture, LP for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate (Also see material sent in December 3 agenda packet). DUFORD
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
5. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance making amendments regarding emergency response fees: BRANSON
a. Sections 33-2 and 33-3
b. Sections 21-80 and 21-81
6. Receiving and filing the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the Single Audit Report for the year ended June 30, 2007. KEENAN
7. 4-D Building and Property: POPRAVE
a. Approving the purchase of 7.97 acres of land and a 10,000 sq. ft. building at 426 River Street upon review and approval of a Purchase Agreement drafted by the City Attorney.
b. Setting a public hearing on budget amendments for the acquisition and renovation of the 4-D building and property (1/7).
8. Authorizing purchase of fuel in excess of $20,000. MURPHY
* 9. Accepting a Terminable Roadway Easement from the D & M Johnston Family, LLC to the City of Midland for the area of Elisenal Drive from the Jacobs Drain to Commerce Drive. MCMANUS
10. Accepting a Deed and Easements from Nicolaos and Elaine Rapanos for Fast Ice Drive: MCMANUS
* a. Warranty Deed
* b. Easement Agreement for Utilities
* c. Easement Agreement for a Water Main
* d. Easement Agreement for Drainage Ditches
11. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MAKI
* a. P-07-26 – that parking shall be prohibited on the southwest side of Larkin Street between Townsend Street and 145 feet southeast of Townsend Street from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to accommodate a loading zone.
* b. P-07-28 – that parking shall be permitted on the north side of Lambros Drive between Haker Street and Sharon Street and TCO P-90-26 shall be rescinded.
* c. R-07-13 – that TCO R-99-01, which prohibits left hand turns from southbound Saginaw Road to Tucker Street, shall be rescinded.
* d. S-07-08 – that Harper Lane shall stop for Nakoma Drive.
* 12. Accepting the resignation of Jason Brown from the Cable Access Advisory Commission. BEACOM
* 13. Appointing David Carlson to the Dial-A-Ride Advisory Commission. MURPHY
14. Authorizing a contribution of $3,500 to the legal defense fund sponsored by the Michigan Municipal League to intervene and oppose the rate increases proposed by the Michigan Public Service Commission for municipal rate classifications, PS-1, PS-2 and PS-3. BUSH
15. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Payment to Baker & O’Brien and Andrew B. Chamberlain for contracted appraisal services relating to the City’s defense in MCV’s appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* b. Bomag 1172 Compactor Lease – Landfill. BUSH
* c. Cell 16 Construction Change Order – Landfill. BUSH
16. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Conditional Use Permit No. 28 – a request by Nextel Communications c/o Schnelz Wells, P. C. for a conditional use permit review and approval for erection of roof mounted cellular antennas in a Regional Commercial zoning district at 6517 Eastman Avenue (1/21). BAKER
* b. Amendment of the 2007/08 Landfill Budget for the buy out of leased Komatsu WA380-5 wheel loader (1/7). BUSH
* c. Resolution of Intent to create a Corridor Improvement Authority (1/7). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400