MEETING OF THE
January 7, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of December 17 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Proclamation of Recognition of the Midland High School Football Team and Coaches. RICHART
3. Presentation of the 2007 Bette R. Tollar Civic Commitment Award. YUERGENS
4. Report on the Parks & Recreation Master Plan Goal Attainment and resolution receiving and filing said report. MURPHY
5. Considering the adoption of a Resolution of Intent to create a Corridor Improvement Authority (Also see material sent in December 17 agenda packet). BAKER
6. Zoning Petition No. 545 – MidMichigan Medical Center – to rezone property at 3200 W. Sugnet Road from Residential A-1 to Community zoning (Also see material sent in December 3 agenda packet). BAKER
7. Budget amendments for the acquisition and renovation of the 4-D building and property (Also see material sent in December 17 agenda packet). POPRAVE
8. Amendment of the 2007/08 Landfill Budget for the buy out of a leased Komatsu WA380-5 wheel loader (Also see material sent in December 17 agenda packet). BUSH
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
9. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. P-07-27 – that parking shall be prohibited on the northwest side of Erie Court.
* b. P-07-30 – that parking shall be prohibited on Elisenal Drive between Joe Mann Boulevard and Commerce Drive.
* c. S-07-09 – that Commerce Drive shall stop for Jefferson Avenue.
* 10. Approving a request from Molly’s Bistro for a new Class C license with Dance-Entertainment Permit and Two Outdoor Service Areas of which the city owned sidewalk intervenes Outdoor Service area #1 and Outdoor Service area #2; and Outdoor Service area #2 is situated on property owned by the city of Midland. DUSO
* 11. Approving a request from Let Us Feed You – Midland, Inc. to transfer ownership of a Class C licensed business, with Dance permit, from Los Cuatro Amigos. DUSO
* 12. Approving request to conduct the Highland Festival on June 14, 2008. DUSO
13. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Fuel Purchase – DPW (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Vacuum Excavator – Water Dept. BUSH
* 14. Setting a public hearing on a Second Amendment to The Dow Chemical Company Brownfield Redevelopment Plan No. 1 (2/11/08). DUSO
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400