REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
January 21, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of January 7 regular and January 14 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Dow Corning Tennis Classic Week – February 2 – 10. TISDALE
3. Conditional Use Permit No. 28 – a request by Nextel Communications c/o Schnelz Wells, P.C. for a conditional use permit review and approval for erection of roof mounted cellular antennas in a Regional Commercial zoning district at 6517 Eastman Avenue (Also see material sent in December 17 agenda packet). BAKER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
4. Acknowledging the donation from the Midland Area Community Foundation to bring the U.S. Olympic Softball Team to Midland as part of their “Bound 4 Beijing” tour. IRELAND
5. Accepting a deed and easements for Fast Ice Drive from Midland County at proposed jail site: MCMANUS
* a. Warranty Deed.
* b. Easement Agreement for Utilities.
* c. Easement Agreement for Sanitary Sewer.
6. Approving an extension of time for completion of sidewalk: BAKER
a. Two-year extension in City Forest Estates Subdivision No. 1.
* b. Two-year extension in City Forest Estates Subdivision No. 2.
* 7. Making Traffic Control Order D-07-06 permanent – that the intersections of Discovery Way with Washington Street and Saginaw Road shall be controlled by traffic signal operation and shall operate in full color mode from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and in flash mode from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. daily. MCMANUS
8. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Fuel Purchase (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Increase Purchase Orders for Vehicle Maintenance Supplies: MURPHY
* 1. PO# 23926 – Barnes Distribution
* 2. PO# 23932 – Bell Equipment
* 3. PO# 23940 – Centennial Auto
* 4. PO# 23957 – Eastman Exit Auto
* 5. PO# 23960 – Exotic Automation
* 6. PO# 23968 – GCR Firestone
* 7. PO# 24001 – Lyden Oil
* 8. PO# 24037 – Mt. Pleasant Tire
* 9. PO# 24040 – NAPA
* 10. PO# 24066 – Shults Equipment
* 11. PO# 24070 – Spartan Distributors
* 12. PO# 24136 – Wieland Sales
* c. Contract with Robert C. Brandmier, Level IV Contract Assessor, for the purposes of providing contractual professional services to the City. DUFORD
9. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Conditional Use Permit No. 27 – a request by Bartow & King Engineers, Inc. for a conditional use permit review and approval for an addition of a drive-through for an accessory restaurant use for a previously approved fitness center site plan in a Regional Commercial zoning district at 601 E. Wackerly Street on 1.8 acres (2/11). BAKER
* b. Zoning Ordinance No. 1585 – to consider revisions to the zoning ordinance (2/25). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library