MEETING OF THE
March 10, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 25 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Sunshine Week – March 16 – 22. RICHART
3. Update on the Carolina Cove Condominium project regarding ordinance compliance. BRANSON
* 4. Brownfield Redevelopment Plan for Hotel Holdings Cinema, LLC (Also see material sent in February 25 agenda packet) (3/24). DUSO
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
5. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: IRELAND
a. Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
* 6. Approving Site Plan No. 273 to construct a 14,940 square foot curling club at 2009 Jefferson Avenue. BAKER
* 7. Accepting an Easement Agreement from Midland Public Schools to the City of Midland for property needed to construct a permanent turn-around at the west end of Grant Lane. MCMANUS
8. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 2008 Sidewalk Improvement Program. MCMANUS
* 9. Approving request by The Dow Chemical Company to extend the completion date of construction for the project identified by Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate No. 2005-022 to December 31, 2008 and revise the ending date of the certificate to December 30, 2020. DUFORD
* 10. Approving the annexation of city-owned property located from Jefferson Avenue one-half mile west to Commerce Drive and forwarding the matter to Larkin Township for like action. BAKER
* 11. Receiving and filing the City Manager’s Report on the Annual Review of Class C, D, and Resort Liquor Licenses. DUSO
* 12. Receiving and filing the 2007 Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation Annual Report. BUSH
* 13. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Marty McGuire to the Downtown Development Authority. BAKER
* 14. Accepting the resignation of Stu Bush from the Library Board. BARNARD
15. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2008 Lexington & Norwich Street Reconstruction; Contract No. 7. MCMANUS
* b. 2008 Curb Repair and Pavement Patching Program; Contract No. 14. MCMANUS
* c. Bituminous Materials. MURPHY
* d. Crushed Limestone. MURPHY
* e. Concrete. MURPHY
* f. Diesel Fuel Purchase on February 29 (4/5 vote). MURPHY
* g. Software Maintenance. FOISY
* h. Hydrogeologic Study Phase 1 Change Order. BUSH
* i. Riverfront Park Refined Design contract (4/5 vote). BAKER
16. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 546 – to rezone property at 4228 Bay City Road from Regional Commercial to Community Commercial zoning (4/14). BAKER
* b. Zoning Petition No. 547 – to rezone property at 221 W. Wackerly Street from Office Service to Community Commercial zoning (4/14). BAKER
* c. Zoning Petition No. 548 – to rezone property at 102, 108, 110 and 114 W. Buttles Street from Office Service to Downtown Zoning (4/14). BAKER
* d. Zoning Text Amendment No. 146A – to increase the allowable building height from 28 feet to 76 feet in height in the downtown zoning district (4/14). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400